Ross Barkley

de niro said:
Damocles said:
Overrated tosh.

The next Jack Wilshere or Glen Johnson. Don't want anywhere near him for £30m+

lol.

I'm going to bookmark this post.

well I would I I knew how.

History section of your browser menu Bill.

Manchester_lalala said:
He's only been back from injury for a month, but he's been pretty poor. I'll judge him at the end of the season. I wouldn't be happy if he was our big signing for the summer.
He'd help balance the squad but wouldn't be a title-winning signing, I agree

Don't often pop in and post - but i know which young english attacking midfielder i would be going for next summer and he also plays in liverpool.

An watching the game against palace and whilst he hasnt done much, sterling looks like he is developing physically to match his skill and pace.

he's a year younger than barkley, who doesnt look to me like he has anywhere near the level of ball control and intelligence on the ball that sterling has.

lets face it everton are going to skin us for £40m+ so i would probably prefer to tap
up sterling and give it to liverpool than everton (who have consistently mugged us on transfer fees for average players)

also - is there a suggestion that barkley is the proposed long term replacement for yaya? barkely is not that sort of possession dominating midfielder that can play in a central 2; in fact he sounds a bit like rodwell i.e dont know where to play him

city951 said:
Don't often pop in and post - but i know which young english attacking midfielder i would be going for next summer and he also plays in liverpool.

An watching the game against palace and whilst he hasnt done much, sterling looks like he is developing physically to match his skill and pace.

he's a year younger than barkley, who doesnt look to me like he has anywhere near the level of ball control and intelligence on the ball that sterling has.

lets face it everton are going to skin us for £40m+ so i would probably prefer to tap
up sterling and give it to liverpool than everton (who have consistently mugged us on transfer fees for average players)

also - is there a suggestion that barkley is the proposed long term replacement for yaya? barkely is not that sort of possession dominating midfielder that can play in a central 2; in fact he sounds a bit like rodwell i.e dont know where to play him

<a class="postlink" href="https://vine.co/v/OnUgiYFg2Vx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://vine.co/v/OnUgiYFg2Vx</a>

He's going to be a top player and it would be a huge mistake not signing him. He'll be better than James 'Jesus' Milner that's for sure and you guys cry if he's not in the starting XI. He's also going to be miles better than a Navas, Jovetic or Nasri, so better than what we have.

Some of you lot are scared of young players. Ronaldo wasn't a world class player when United signed him. You have to take a chance and give them some support. Most City fans took the piss out of Ronaldo for 2-3 years - 'show pony' etc. No doubt our fans of today wouldn't want to sign a young 'Fat Frank' from West Ham either.

I read some comments saying we don't want Barkley, we want Pogba. Ok, I don't want Navas, Nasri or Milner - I want Robben, Messi and Ronaldo.

I even remember a majority on here stating that Bale was average and overhyped. That was only in summer 2012 as well. Now he's one of the best players in the world and plays for Real Madrid, scoring in Champions League finals.

Here's one for you to bookmark - If you don't think Barkley will be a top class player then you don't know what you're talking about or looking out for in a young developing player. End of.

Barkley is brilliant.

People have had their eyes opened to how Lampard has provided something we never had, previously, forward lateral movement into the space and the ability to score goals.

This kid is absolutely the real deal from a technical standpoint and would be OUR Lampard, for the next decade.

I heard all this bullshit down the years about Fat Frank, not a world-class midfielder etc.

Lampard, for me, being the greatest-ever English midfielder, certainly in the Premier League era.

Barkley has the attitude and talent to match him.

Wonderful talent.

For those that are writing Barkley off they are looking too much at the end product and not enough at the basics; technique and attitude.

Tottenham were set up similarly to how we were against Southampton - to stop their full backs and force them to play through the middle. Barkley was up against it and he was often isolated with no support from the wide areas and with Lukaku miles ahead of him not offering an outlet. He still played with passion and desire to score. His touch is excellent, his control first class and he is quick and strong on the ball. He will get better and better and if he were to join us he would look a totally different player. Give him time and space with the quality we have and he would be incredible.

People look at how we play now and don't see him fitting in. We've managed to accommodate Lampard and Jovetic. Barkley could play that role but with a combination of both the aforementioned's talents. Pogba as a box to box player is most definitely better, but Barkley hasn't been given a chance to play that role yet - he's being nurtured further forward so he doesn't lost confidence from misplaced passes in his own half etc. There's no reason why he can't play the box to box role if he was supported by a DM. Otherwise keep him further up the park.

I know he's not long back from injury but he looks like he's not being allowed to express himself as much as he'd like too.

Last season we saw him picking the ball up in central midfield, turning and running at defences which scared the life out of them.
I know that this was the case when playing for England last month. When he came on Hodgson was screaming at him for loosing possession.

This kid has to be given the freedom to play. Yeah he'll loose the ball on occasions but you need players with the ability of Barkley to open up defences.
This lad is the real deal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.