Ross Barkley

supercrystal7 said:
Plus he has come along when we are not blessed with world class players like 10 years ago where we had a lot.
The media claimed we had a lot, the reality as proven in international tournaments, is we had few if any.

I'm not convinced by Barkley either, he has potential, he won't reach it at Everton, and I'm not sure he'll reach it elsewhere either. I'd be unimpressed by City pushing the boat out to sign him just because he's english at this point.

Ray78 said:
supercrystal7 said:
Ray78 said:
I don't quite get the hype.
He has potential and is English. Plus he has come along when we are not blessed with world class players like 10 years ago where we had a lot. He has the potential to become world class, has the huge marketing potential because of his nationality and is homegrown.

The key word is fulfilling that potential. I have my doubts that he will reach those kind of levels.
Well that's the gamble. Obviously Pogba is world class already and not a gamble, but it's much, much harder for an English club to get Pogba and Barkley is English.

cleavers said:
supercrystal7 said:
Plus he has come along when we are not blessed with world class players like 10 years ago where we had a lot.
The media claimed we had a lot, the reality as proven in international tournaments, is we had few if any.

I'm not convinced by Barkley either, he has potential, he won't reach it at Everton, and I'm not sure he'll reach it elsewhere either. I'd be unimpressed by City pushing the boat out to sign him just because he's english at this point.
No we did. Beckham, Rooney, Owen, Lampard, Gerrard, Scholes, Ferdinand, Campbell, Cole were all world class and their success at club level indicates this. Apart from Campbell and Owen they all played a big part in winning the CL.

I guess Ronaldo and Messi are not world class either, because they have not won anything at international level. In fact the entire Argentina team is not world class forget Di Maria, Aguero, Higuain, Zabaleta, Tevez, Mascherano etc.

supercrystal7 said:
cleavers said:
supercrystal7 said:

No we did. Beckham, Rooney, Owen, Lampard, Gerrard, Scholes, Ferdinand, Campbell, Cole were all world class and their success at club level indicates this. Apart from Campbell and Owen they all played a big part in winning the CL.

I guess Ronaldo and Messi are not world class either, because they have not won anything at international level. In fact the entire Argentina team is not world class forget Di Maria, Aguero, Higuain, Zabaleta, Tevez, Mascherano etc.

Tevez hasn't played in years for Argentina.

supercrystal7 said:
No we did. Beckham, Rooney, Owen, Lampard, Gerrard, Scholes, Ferdinand, Campbell, Cole were all world class and their success at club level indicates this.
OK, yet at international level they did f**k all. English media hype is what they were, all decent players, but none were truly world class, and when asked to play on the world stage, they fell short.

cleavers said:
supercrystal7 said:

The Everton fan next to me was giving him a load of stick today .like you would be uninspired if we went big for him on that showing alone

Kun Aguero said:
supercrystal7 said:
cleavers said:

Recently only for the 2 friendlies against Portugal in Upton Park and Croatia.

Kun Aguero said:
supercrystal7 said:
cleavers said:

He was back in the squad a few weeks ago when they trained at the new complex

Kun Aguero said:
supercrystal7 said:
cleavers said:

He played for them less than 2 months ago

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.