Ross Barkley

over rated English player.
can score a screamer every once and a while,
but to take control of midfield week in week out never.
he goes missing far to much and that's not because
he's been marked out of a game, he just doesn't have
the football brain.
wanders around with no positional awareness.
good but not great. not good enough for our high standards.

Sorry but anyone who thinks he is worth £30m or more doesn't have a clue about football and simply buys into hype. Marcos Lopes is a smarter player and will probably turn out better.

Not saying Barkley won't turn out good but if he's Dutch, you're looking at £8m + add-ons to get him from Feyenoord or PSV.

LoveCity said:
Sorry but anyone who thinks he is worth £30m or more doesn't have a clue about football and simply buys into hype. Marcos Lopes is a smarter player and will probably turn out better.
I agree that lopes has a higher ceiling he will prob be as good as silva, but the biggest problem with Barkley in the last few games is he is playing in a silva role which he isn't good enough in he is best in a cm role as any sane evertonian will tell you, it allows him the space to drive forward, he is not worth £30 mill tho £15 tops £20 mill cos he's English but he needs the move to progress.

On Skybet, he's currently 5/4 to sign for us by the end of the next window and 4/6 to stay where he is.

It sounds too close to call and I don't like the sound of it at all.

Trautmannesque said:
On Skybet, he's currently 5/4 to sign for us by the end of the next window and 4/6 to stay where he is.

It sounds too close to call and I don't like the sound of it at all.

He is going through the dreaded second season.

He is still a top player and has huge potential and maybe hi price at the en of this season will be the lowest it ever will be because of the season he is having but with our homegrown quota diminishing rapidly it would not surprise me to see us go in for Barkley.

I don't actually think Martinez is getting the best out of him this season, he is making far too many sideways passes when his strengths are powering forward and running with the ball, it's like his style is too direct for Martinez, I don't know.

Might work in our favour if it knocks a few million off his price. I won't look too much into his poor form as everyone at Everton have been wank this season.

Nearly everyone has been shit for Everton this season. He's a teenage lad don't forget and he's better than most of the players we've bought since Aguero. People panicking about 30m but that's how much Fernandinho was. He's going to be a very good player that we can hopefully develop into a great one.

[video]http://youtu.be/qayseMC1eaM[/video]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.