Ross Barkley

Just read that Martinez feels Barkley has 'outgrown the U21s' and 'wouldn't benefit' from going to the tournament this summer

I'd say this is just Martinez being selfish. If they are good enough and eligible all players should go - the more tournament experience the better. And it might stop the 'I've made it attitude' before actually doing anything

Blue Hefner said:
Just read that Martinez feels Barkley has 'outgrown the U21s' and 'wouldn't benefit' from going to the tournament this summer

I'd say this is just Martinez being selfish. If they are good enough and eligible all players should go - the more tournament experience the better. And it might stop the 'I've made it attitude' before actually doing anything

Same with Sterling. It's a lack of forethought. You should want these players to get used to tournaments and go as far as possible gaining experience in the latter stages of tournaments. Might benefit the senior team as at the moment they don't seem able to get very far do they.

johnmc said:
Blue Hefner said:

Same with Sterling. It's a lack of forethought. You should want these players to get used to tournaments and go as far as possible gaining experience in the latter stages of tournaments. Might benefit the senior team as at the moment they don't seem able to get very far do they.

I think they've both outgrown there clubs. The right move could make them into star's along with stones and Clyne and shaw could do with a big club too.

Blue Hefner said:

Completely disagree. What could be worse for a young player than leading his country to glory.

Look at Argentina. They clearly have it wrong. Nobody that ever won the U20 world cup ever did anything for them. Messi, Aguero and Di Maria forget them.

As for Germany the likes of Hummels, Ozil, Boateng etc just bums. Will never amount to anything in the game.

Barkley has so much hype around him it will be hard for him to hit the level people will expect of him. And the price tag that the hype brings will be more what you would expect to pay for someone who is world class, not somebody with abit of potential thats exaggerated because he's English. Simply isn't worth it in my opinion.

Carstairs said:
de niro said:
Dribble said:
Koke was totally anonymous against Barca the other night as was Barkley against WHU tonight. Pogba on the other hand shows up in most games especially those that matter.

different players though. pogba is another yaya. who i'd buy right now, but barkley is going to be very special.

Agree with you de niro, I think that if you put Barkley in our side, training with top class players day in and day out, he'd improve markedly.

What's impressive about Barkley is his inclination to keep the ball on the floor with his passing, a trait not generally affiliated with players of his physical stature; if he arrived now he could occupy one of the two deeper midfield roles, I'd personally use him wide right, driving inwards diagonally, opening up space for Zabaleta to overlap while broadening his own spectrum to either shoot or interchange passes with either foot. He would be infinitely more productive than Navas in that role, while more adept at keeping and productively utilising the ball than Milner.

Stones is the Everton player we should push for first though; he's pure class and composure, like a faster, less inclined to dive in Demichelis. God knows how Mangala will turn out, but the early signs aren't promising. Kompany's recurring injuries will have a detrimental effect on both the quality and frequency of his appearances in the next few years, and there's really only Denayer from the Academy who could realistically be integrated into the first team defence anytime soon. If a player played like Stones did against us against Ferguson's United, he'd have signed him. Its a formula that works (and one we've seemingly embraced with the wise signing of Bony)

supercrystal7 said:
Blue Hefner said:

Completely disagree. What could be worse for a young player than leading his country to glory.

Look at Argentina. They clearly have it wrong. Nobody that ever won the U20 world cup ever did anything for them. Messi, Aguero and Di Maria forget them.

As for Germany the likes of Hummels, Ozil, Boateng etc just bums. Will never amount to anything in the game.

Barkely should be going to the u21s, he isn't even a regular with the senior team.

Sterling has an excuse because us a regular with the seniors now and I think it would be unfair on some of the other attacking players like Redmond and Hughes who have played an instrumental role in getting England to the u21 championships.

In my opinion, the team I would play in the u21s would be:

Butland, Jenkinson, Chambers, Stones, Shaw, Ward-Prowse, Barkley, Hughes, Redmond, Berahinho, Kane.

4-4-2 diamond.

That back four if it clicks in one of the best young England back fours in a long long time, same with the two up front.

supercrystal7 said:
Blue Hefner said:

They just happen to be Germany's 3 most overrated players.

.A. said:
Carstairs said:
de niro said:
different players though. pogba is another yaya. who i'd buy right now, but barkley is going to be very special.

Agree with you de niro, I think that if you put Barkley in our side, training with top class players day in and day out, he'd improve markedly.

What's impressive about Barkley is his inclination to keep the ball on the floor with his passing, a trait not generally affiliated with players of his physical stature; if he arrived now he could occupy one of the two deeper midfield roles, I'd personally use him wide right, driving inwards diagonally, opening up space for Zabaleta to overlap while broadening his own spectrum to either shoot or interchange passes with either foot. He would be infinitely more productive than Navas in that role, while more adept at keeping and productively utilising the ball than Milner.

Stones is the Everton player we should push for first though; he's pure class and composure, like a faster, less inclined to dive in Demichelis. God knows how Mangala will turn out, but the early signs aren't promising. Kompany's recurring injuries will have a detrimental effect on both the quality and frequency of his appearances in the next few years, and there's really only Denayer from the Academy who could realistically be integrated into the first team defence anytime soon. If a player played like Stones did against us against Ferguson's United, he'd have signed him. Its a formula that works (and one we've seemingly embraced with the wise signing of Bony)

I keep saying the same thing stones is fantastic and him and Barkley for £40-50mill I'd take that all day, they could only grow as players with us and they wouldn't be expected to win a game on there own every week. I'd love Clyne aswel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.