Ross Barkley

Don't care if people say he is overrated, over priced etc, I'm just happy we could be getting a young player. Not had one of them in a while.

He is in a bit off a downturn coinciding with Evertons form. However I do think he is really talented and at around 20 million we should definitely go for him. But please no more than 27-28 mills. Our HG issue does force our hand however and there arn't a lot of good HG players out there that we can get. We have to go for this.

Fran Stanton's definitely become famous. However a pic would have been better and more confirming. But trust in tolmie so something is happening.

LoveCity said:
RandomJ said:
I think we need to be realistic. City have shown recently that we can't attract the worlds very best players we're just not there yet as a club and we can't throw the money around to get them either. So people saying we should get Pogba as well when it's pretty much nailed on he's going Madrid is just wishful thinking. Barkley has had a bad season like most of the Everton players but has still shown the talent is there. If we can get him for about £20 million he's well worth buying.

If you can't get the world's best, get the second best or the best of tomorrow. We had our chance to sign Pogba and Verratti, and signed Garcia and Rodwell instead. Barkley is not showing ANY signs lately of being anything close to one of the world's best young players. Right now, if we signed him, my expectations would be him becoming a good player like Milner, not a great player like Silva.

So if we can't outmuscle Real or Chelsea for Pogba or Reus (in the small chance he leaves) or any other of the marquee elite, then try for Koke. Try for Gundogan. Try for De Bruyne. Try for Firmino. Try for Sterling. Try for Depay. Try for Bellarabi. Try for Lacazette. Try for Dybala. Try for Gaya. Young players who are having a REAL impact on their teams in good leagues at young ages, not existing in the shadows. Barkley is having no tangible impact when he should be shining in an average Everton team for us to spend big money on him. Lopes is shining in an average Lille team that has no idea how to attack without him, yet we'd shove him aside to spend god-knows-how-much on Barkley (just because he's been wank this season doesn't necessarily mean Everton will ask for peanuts)?

I hope some of these rumoured targets are a sick joke, like Cresswell and Ljajic. Barkley I could stomach only if he comes really cheap, not so expensive he'd make a dent in our summer budget. But I have a feeling we'll overpay again and use the money we could put towards names like those above on a player who, quite frankly, has contributed nothing this season. He doesn't score. He doesn't assist. He doesn't split open defences. He doesn't run the game with his passing. I watch him every time Everton are on and am constantly disappointed. He doesn't have nearly enough impact on the game. Yes he might improve, but we could target much better young players at this point in time who would be within our reach.

If we do not spend well this summer, we're facing a fight for top 4, not 1st.

United's rumoured targets: Depay or Bale, Hummels, Clyne, Strootman
Chelsea's rumoured targets: Varane, Pogba, Dybala
Arsenal's rumoured targets: Cech, Subotic, Schneiderlin

Good post mate. This also pretty much sums up our business this season .I.e. buying Fernando and mangala (I don't mind either of them since they're wearing a blue shirt) whereas other clubs spent money on class players such as Madrid buying James Rodriguez and modric, bayern getting lewandawski and alonso, gooners buying sanchez, rags buying di maria and falcao (who at that time were world class), rent boys buying fabregas, Felipe luiz and costa and barca buying suarez.

If we don't spend big on world class players or players you named above we can kiss goodbye to fighting for the premier, especially because it looks as though other clubs will strengthen their squad come summer.

God knows why people want to pay big on barkley when we can use that money to buy someone who's tonnes better like de bryune or similar.

There's absolutely no doubt that Barkley has bags full of talent but this season his confidence and form are low. What he needs is a new start at a different club, hopefully with us. If comes available for around £20mil I would snap him up.

For me he should more be seen as a Lampard replacement as a 3rd choice centre mid as long as we bring in a starter in that position too and milner should be replaced by Lopes again as someone to fight for a position not as a first team starter.

I am just really worried that we are going to play typical city and give in to the 30m-40m demands of Everton, because that in my opinion will just blow a huge hole in our transfer budget for a player that at this moment in time will arguably not even make our starting XI.

I think along with sales we will have around 100m to spend in the summer, I would like to think more but in the eyes of FFP - whether you agree with it or not - we cannot justify spending 50m-100m out of our own back pocket when we haven't yet even shown an account of breaking even yet, so the majority of our spend will have to come out of our sales.

Barkley is a 15m-20m talent at a maximum and I will be significantly concerned if we do indeed end up paying close to 40m for him.

15m to 20m with addons like games played England games played goals scored league titles cup games then it rises to 35m if all those criteria are reached by The lad then we knew we have had our money's worth...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.