Ross Barkley

toffee balls said:
mosssideblue said:
toffee balls said:
I think he is a Rolls Royce type of a player.

I would love to see him complete his apprenticeship with us and as others have said Yaya staying for another year would be an ideal scenario.

The thought of him slipping in between Silva and Toure has me drooling.

He has the lot for me .

As well as having two great feet he has the physical attributes and speed to succeed at the very highest level.

We are told he is bright and the right personality off the pitch to go with his talent.

I have thought for nearly 12 months now that we would go for him and I will be delighted if the strong links are true.

Injuries are the only negatives I can see at the moment.

If Slur Alex was still around he would be all over him like a rash and that says it all really.

Kin L mate. Do you have a picture of him in your bedroom. :)

Your post would have read better last season (still OTT mind). This year, he wouldn't make our bench, so how you come to your assessment of him, I find baffling

I hope to have that picture this time next year pal.

You have to admit he has outstanding ability.

Err.........No I don't actually.

I think he has received far too much media Hype and you have fallen for it. He would not improve us in any way, shape or form.

He is one of a very select group of home grown players who have the potential to be a regular in our team! Yes he is having a poor season but most of their team is! I honestly hope his poor form continues and they are relegated so we can sign him on the cheap! We need home grown young players due to the average age of the squad and player restrictions, he is the pick of the bunch for me. I also rate stones too would sign him and loan him out next season then he can replace Martin when is contract is up. Lopes is a cracking prospect but offers something completely different to a team then Barkley I think we could easily accommodate both.

I watched him on Thursday night , very average game.

its a shame that the English players are so poor when barkley is mentioned as the next "superstar" Germany has 10 players of his age who are the same quality/better , I was watching schalke the other night v real Madrid, that meyer is far better and we would get him for less money .

LoveCity said:
Thenumber1blue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
He has everything in his game to become a major star for us.

Barkley is a kid, and would be a tremendous asset. Give him a break, and City, for that matter.

We don't sign young players, we get slagged off.

We don't sign British talent, we get slagged off.

Some people really need to watch the game a little closer, rather than wanting the shiniest toy to brag about.

Tell me again, where's Gourcuff, where's Diego, where's Queresma, all names I have seen down the years on here.

He has been hung out to dry this season by a manager who stated he would become the greatest English player EVER. Think about that for a second.

Martinez has stuck him out on the wing, played him too quickly after injuries, playing in a team running on empty due to Europa League participation, coupled with a key injury to McCarthy and the continued downgrade of Barry.

If we think he is too expensive, we will walk away, as we have done with every other target.

He's a capable squad player right now who might just become a major star. Even the great Iniesta stated recently that Barkley is one of the few English players who could play at Barcelona.

We've forgotten what the transfer landscape looks like these days, having been forced to cut our cloth.

£20m doesn't buy elite, it buys you a certain tier of performer who can still hold their own - we need that.

I agree with some of the posts on here, £20m is a reasonable price if we include future add-ons.
Agree with all of that and i've seen lot worse names than that recommended on here.All of a sudden slag Barkley seems to have become to sheep thing on here !

Well I can only speak for myself and have focused on Barkley every time I've seen Everton this season after he has been linked so much with us. And in most games, he's done nothing. Absolutely nothing. So sorry, but I can't agree with "he has everything". Sterling is much closer to having everything and has more of an impact on games. Great young players shine at average teams, that's how they usually land their big move. But Barkley isn't shining at all. Someone posted a video of him looking good against Spurs, but there have been far more mediocre performances than ones like that. The other week he started against Leicester and was beyond poor, then subbed off by Martinez.

This reminds me a bit of Torres after he lost it. Barkley hasn't lost it (he has to find "it" first). But long after Torres stopped performing at his former heights, so many still pretended he was the same Torres and ignored the evidence of him not being the same. In Barkley's case, people are remembering the very few outstanding performances by him but not considering nearly every week he does nothing for Everton. An attacking midfielder should either score or create goals, it's a crucial position and its occupant needs to leave some sort of lasting impact on games. He has been doing neither. I'm not writing him off, he may become a good player in time but he is not worth the hype that is still attached to him and if we pay an amount for him that significantly impacts our overall transfer budget, the decision makers at City should be sectioned... imo.

Jordan Henderson is out of contract in 2016 and shows a lot more than Barkley. Not that I'd rush to sign him either but watch Henderson perform in the high tempo Liverpool performances, showing a sense of responsibility. If Barkley did this, I'd have no worries about signing him. And as mentioned, our own Rony Lopes is also doing it, standing out in a team that is quite clueless without him going forward.

LC, I respect your own opinion on Barkley but your last few lines show just how an entrenched position can blind even regular football watchers.

This seems to be the case with Barkley.

You cite Jordan Henderson and his present abilities.

City tried to sign Henderson from Sunderland for £20m. I remember the amount of shit City and Marwood got for that one. They also tried to sign Sterling.

Henderson was always going to be a top player. That's what he is. A top player now performing in the Premier League.

Instead, we screamed for Danielle di Rossi, who's since achieved the square root of fuck all, but we would have been in the hole for £40m and £200k a week if the fan boys had got their way.

City were thrown a title lifeline the moment Henderson got sent off for his tackle on Nasri.

Rather than the infamous Gerrard slip, it was the missing Henderson that did for Liverpool.

My argument with Barkley is that all the tools are there and in this City team, just like Henderson and Sterling at Liverpool, it is best to get in on the ground floor, even if it does end up costing £25m.

It's a fair assumption that if Henderson and Sterling weren't in contract dispute, Liverpool would get £70m plus for those two.

sir peace frog said:
that meyer is far better and we would get him for less money .

Think he's only 19 as well and he was bossing midfield, kind of like veratti against Chelsea. Wouldn't mind getting him and draxler and as you said we could either get them for less or same price and both of them look more promising than Barkley

He's not on the same page as Pogba, in fact he's not on the same Chapter.

It's like comparing an Argentinian Sirloin with an Aldi's Rump and yes i would pay double his price for Pogba

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.