Ross Barkley

Henderson is not a top player.

A decent player compared to the world stage, a lot better than when he joined the Dippers, yes, but that's not difficult because he was shite in his first season there. He wouldn't get in any other top 4 team's midfield apart from the Rags, he wouldn't get in any midfield currently left in the CL either, bar maybe Leverkusen, but I don't watch them so can't comment.

Think this guy as a decent play but waaaaaay to overrated, like alot of young english talent in the past, he's been rushed and has had too much pressure on him too soon ie being called up for england etc.

Think we could do better anyway.

Presuming Milner doesn't stick around, he'd be a good signing for us. £30m in todays market prices seems about right to me. Luke Shaw just went for that.

People don't seem to understand that the biggest driver of inflation into the transfer market and wages is the revenues earned by the clubs. With a new TV Deal kicking in last year we have seen increased prices in the market since.

If we could get Sterling and Barkley for a combined £60m and maybe £12m-15m a year wages then that's a big success long term. We do need more English players and both of these will bring a bit of youth but also start to build the foundations of the next great City team. We have just spent that combined on Mangala and Fernando, or not far off.

Be pleased if we picked them both up.

The thing is, Barkley doesn't look like a talented young possible CL player struggling for form this season, he looks like a young lad from the Championship who's well out of his depth. Take out a couple of long range goals and the odd powerful run into space last season and it's the same, his all round game is non-existent. I'll be a lot happier if we stay well clear.

JoeMercer'sWay said:

A decent player compared to the world stage, a lot better than when he joined the Dippers, yes, but that's not difficult because he was shite in his first season there. He wouldn't get in any other top 4 team's midfield apart from the Rags, he wouldn't get in any midfield currently left in the CL either, bar maybe Leverkusen, but I don't watch them so can't comment.

He's better than Fernando.

aguero93:20 said:
The thing is, Barkley doesn't look like a talented young possible CL player struggling for form this season, he looks like a young lad from the Championship who's well out of his depth. Take out a couple of long range goals and the odd powerful run into space last season and it's the same, his all round game is non-existent. I'll be a lot happier if we stay well clear.

Everton aren't a team that I specifically watch much as I find them quite irritating so will bow to yours and others judgement on this one. Mainly see him on MOTD and I like his ability to keep and recycle possession under pressure though can't recall much defensive work he's done.

ManCityX said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

He's better than Fernando.

in a 2 man midfield, yes, but that's not saying much, he's also better than Tiatto.

Damocles said:
aguero93:20 said:

Everton aren't a team that I specifically watch much as I find them quite irritating so will bow to yours and others judgement on this one. Mainly see him on MOTD and I like his ability to keep and recycle possession under pressure though can't recall much defensive work he's done.

You haven't missed much, that holding off a player on his shoulder is all he's shown. He doesn't have great technique like a young Wilshere did or that ability to drive on consistently like Michael Johnson showed pre injury. I honestly think (although it's a while back now) that Rodwell was the better player.

Also it worries me that any youngster whatsoever (or so it seems) to come through at Everton is lauded as the next big thing but apart from Rooney I can't think of any players they've brought through that are top 4 standard. Bit too much propaganda and not enough substance for me and that goes for Barkley too.

Damocles said:
Presuming Milner doesn't stick around, he'd be a good signing for us. £30m in todays market prices seems about right to me. Luke Shaw just went for that.

People don't seem to understand that the biggest driver of inflation into the transfer market and wages is the revenues earned by the clubs. With a new TV Deal kicking in last year we have seen increased prices in the market since.

If we could get Sterling and Barkley for a combined £60m and maybe £12m-15m a year wages then that's a big success long term. We do need more English players and both of these will bring a bit of youth but also start to build the foundations of the next great City team. We have just spent that combined on Mangala and Fernando, or not far off.

Be pleased if we picked them both up.

Damocles said:
Overrated tosh.

The next Jack Wilshere or Glen Johnson. Don't want anywhere near him for £30m+

Someone didn't change their opinion over time did they? Heaven forbid. (although it is rare on here, most people seem to just yell the same opinion repeatedly for years on end, regardless of what happens)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.