Ross Barkley

BigOscar said:
Someone didn't change their opinion over time did they? Heaven forbid. (although it is rare on here, most people seem to just yell the same opinion repeatedly for years on end, regardless of what happens)

To be fair, that's quite a turnaround.

Bilboblue said:
BigOscar said:
Someone didn't change their opinion over time did they? Heaven forbid. (although it is rare on here, most people seem to just yell the same opinion repeatedly for years on end, regardless of what happens)

To be fair, that's quite a turnaround.
Not sure how anyone who did rate Barkley last year could avoid such a turnaround after this season though tbh, he's been pretty shit for a player with such hype. He's been completely annonymous, in a position where you really shouldn't be

He's shit. If we sign him our poor form with transfers will have reached a new low.

£20m with add ons to take it to £25m max! He does have huge talent but seems to have stagnated but then again so have everton.

Kun Aguero said:
Damocles said:
Presuming Milner doesn't stick around, he'd be a good signing for us. £30m in todays market prices seems about right to me. Luke Shaw just went for that.

People don't seem to understand that the biggest driver of inflation into the transfer market and wages is the revenues earned by the clubs. With a new TV Deal kicking in last year we have seen increased prices in the market since.

If we could get Sterling and Barkley for a combined £60m and maybe £12m-15m a year wages then that's a big success long term. We do need more English players and both of these will bring a bit of youth but also start to build the foundations of the next great City team. We have just spent that combined on Mangala and Fernando, or not far off.

Be pleased if we picked them both up.

Damocles said:
Overrated tosh.

The next Jack Wilshere or Glen Johnson. Don't want anywhere near him for £30m+

Oh no, I relooked at a player because others told me I had misjudged him and then changed my opinion based on the strength of their arguments and what I saw.

In all honesty I do enjoy it when people point things like this out, as they are the type of intellectual dullards for whom changing an opinion is a weakness rather than something that anybody with an ounce of common sense should be doing constantly. This is an excellent way for me to file them under somebody whose opinion I should never take seriously on any topic as they believe right and wrong are actually battles to be won. Thanks for neatly filing yourself there.

Damocles said:
Kun Aguero said:
Damocles said:
Presuming Milner doesn't stick around, he'd be a good signing for us. £30m in todays market prices seems about right to me. Luke Shaw just went for that.

People don't seem to understand that the biggest driver of inflation into the transfer market and wages is the revenues earned by the clubs. With a new TV Deal kicking in last year we have seen increased prices in the market since.

If we could get Sterling and Barkley for a combined £60m and maybe £12m-15m a year wages then that's a big success long term. We do need more English players and both of these will bring a bit of youth but also start to build the foundations of the next great City team. We have just spent that combined on Mangala and Fernando, or not far off.

Be pleased if we picked them both up.

Damocles said:
Overrated tosh.

The next Jack Wilshere or Glen Johnson. Don't want anywhere near him for £30m+

Oh no, I relooked at a player because others told me I had misjudged him and then changed my opinion based on the strength of their arguments and what I saw.

In all honesty I do enjoy it when people point things like this out, as they are the type of intellectual dullards for whom changing an opinion is a weakness rather than something that anybody with an ounce of common sense should be doing constantly. This is an excellent way for me to file them under somebody whose opinion I should never take seriously on any topic as they believe right and wrong are actually battles to be won. Thanks for neatly filing yourself there.

That's the scientist in you!!!!

Watching the palace match right now, bolasie and Zaha look twice the player Barkley is. Every time I watch them play they always perform. I'll be pissed off if we get him this summer, he'll just follow the steps of Rodwell and sinclair and then we'll end up selling him for 5 mil.

Danamy said:
He's not on the same page as Pogba, in fact he's not on the same Chapter.

It's like comparing an Argentinian Sirloin with an Aldi's Rump and yes i would pay double his price for Pogba

Barkley hasn't looked right & I don't know why. But it amazes me how much bollocks is talked about young players. Pogba looks great now, Barkley has looked great in the past. Barkley is struggling now, & maybe is a busted flush. On the other hand maybe he's just had a preoblem of some kind. Bit one thing is for sure, when Pogba was at the rags, no way on earth was he a better prospect, by any stretch of the imagination, than Ross Barkley. He wasn't even the top prospect there. Ravel Morrison was.

Which brings me to claims that 'Henderson was always going to be a top player'. What shite. For every Henderson type the are 50 who don't make it. He is doing ok so far but probably isn't what City want anyway.

Barkley might turn out better than Pogba he might not & he might be a waste of money if we sign him. No fucker on here knows either way.

Barkley has repeatedly shown that he is a freak athlete, one of the few players in the world that can compare to Yaya Toure physically. But he has done almost nothing to show he has the footballing talent to play and compete at the elite level City would need from him. His passing and vision are quite poor and would need massive improvement to be at the level City would need from him.

I wouldn't pay more than £15 million for him because I have serious doubts that his great physical skills will translate into great footballing skills.
There are too many other young midfielders in Europe who are much better footballers than Barkley that would be available for £15-20 million than paying any more than £15 million for him is insane.

Armaan said:
He's shit. If we sign him our poor form with transfers will have reached a new low.

Only if he costs us 40 million plus

For 15 plus add ons he'd be a good deal (with decent sell on value if needed, due to his age)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.