Ross Barkley

Sitka said:
Barkley has repeatedly shown that he is a freak athlete, one of the few players in the world that can compare to Yaya Toure physically. But he has done almost nothing to show he has the footballing talent to play and compete at the elite level City would need from him. His passing and vision are quite poor and would need massive improvement to be at the level City would need from him.

I wouldn't pay more than £15 million for him because I have serious doubts that his great physical skills will translate into great footballing skills.
There are too many other young midfielders in Europe who are much better footballers than Barkley that would be available for £15-20 million than paying any more than £15 million for him is insane.

Totally agree mate.

I would take the gamble if it were 15m and no more, but they would never sell him for 15m.

Where is this £15 million come from? If we get him for that than Txiki has finally done something good. I reckon if we do sign him it will be in the region of £30 million.

McfcMK said:
Where is this £15 million come from? If we get him for that than Txiki has finally done something good. I reckon if we do sign him it will be in the region of £30 million.

30m for a lad who has gone of the boil ? no chance would we even entertain such a number.

TCIB said:
McfcMK said:

30m for a lad who has gone of the boil ? no chance would we even entertain such a number.
You really don't think we'll pay that much for him? We played £42 million for Mangala, £25 million for Bony and £30 million for Fernandinho. That's really all you need to know.

TCIB said:
McfcMK said:

You have more faith than some of us, TCIB! The prices we've paid for some players recently has been quite incredible. If we paid £30m for Barkley I'd be totally disgusted but also not surprised at all. We have a proven habit of overpaying for average and decent talent.

There are many better young attacking midfielders than Barkley across Europe. I like tonight's Sterling link a lot more because at least he leaves an impact on matches with goals and assists. I hate playing against Sterling, not arsed about going up against Barkley - he has that one wonder goal (that seems to have fooled a lot of people) and that's it. In Sterling's last 4 games against us he's scored 1, assisted 3, and cleared a City chance off the line. But in general he does more across a season. I'd rather pay extra and get Sterling than Barkley, if possible.

If City buy Barkley it's a gamble and anything over £15m (£10m for his skills, £5m because he's English) would be absurd considering how little he is offering for Everton.

McfcMK said:

My brain. All the figures I have seen when City have been linked with Barkley have been at least £30 million.

TCIB said:
McfcMK said:

You're talking about a club who paid £18m for Roque Santa Cruciate ligament injury and Jo respectively.

And before any gives the ol' "these are different times" etc.... We just lost to 18th placed fucking Burnley.

Txiki will need to go if we pay 15 mil for this guy. He's shit, overrated and not what we need. We could probs get de bruyne for the same price and he's tonnes better. I'm pretty much repeating myself but fuck me if we get him for 15 mil or more I'll be pissed off!

Since when have people become so protective over Mansour's inherited wealth?

There weren't many dissenters when we were paying about twice Fernandinho's real value or the Mangala/Fernando shambles.

.A. said:
Since when have people become so protective over Mansour's inherited wealth?

There weren't many dissenters when we were paying about twice Fernandinho's real value or the Mangala/Fernando shambles.

Because people are thinking about FFP and they are looking towards BIG signings like Bale/Pogba etc, and are afraid it won't happen if we sign "medium" players for big bucks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.