Ross Barkley

SuperBlu said:
CityFan94 said:
Incredible natural talent who's been poorly coached.

Our coaching could take Barkley to the next level IMO.

Like what we have done with Adam Johnson, Sinclair and Rodwell ?

IF a player wants to improve then he should go to a team where he can start every game, otherwise he will never improve.

I agree with this. If a player is not a likely regular starter then we should think long and hard about why we are signing them? Yes he is a raw natural talent but so was Carl Griffiths. There is the issue of home grown quotas / squad lists but that doesn’t change the fact that young fringe players who struggle for game time rarely kick on and improve. Coaching only goes so far - he needs to play.

I wouldn’t be completely against his signing I would just be concerned that with the likes of Silva, Yaya, Fernandinho all within our first choice 11 I don’t see how he gets in the team. If you take Yaya out of the mix it could work but those are big boots to fill!

Gaudion M said:
SuperBlu said:
CityFan94 said:
Incredible natural talent who's been poorly coached.

Our coaching could take Barkley to the next level IMO.

IF a player wants to improve then he should go to a team where he can start every game, otherwise he will never improve.

I agree with this. If a player is not a likely regular starter then we should think long and hard about why we are signing them? Yes he is a raw natural talent but so was Carl Griffiths. There is the issue of home grown quotas / squad lists but that doesn’t change the fact that young fringe players who struggle for game time rarely kick on and improve. Coaching only goes so far - he needs to play.

I wouldn’t be completely against his signing I would just be concerned that with the likes of Silva, Yaya, Fernandinho all within our first choice 11 I don’t see how he gets in the team. If you take Yaya out of the mix it could work but those are big boots to fill!

To be fair Barklay is a full international with 70 premier league games for a decent side - griffiths was a Welsh U21 player who had played for Shrewsbury - it's not much of a comparison !

Could be a very good player and we need homegrown too

Can't we just buy some cheap home grown players, stick them in the squad, never play them and then spend our dosh on real foreign talent?

Would be a good sub with a view to a starting 11 spot in the future but he'd be far too costly for that. He's probably made his bed by stupidly signing his new contract.

The only thing that is concerning is his injury record. You have to be shit hot to get straight back Into our team straight away, if Barkley was to get injured, the quality of the squad would ensure he wouldn't get a sniff of 1st team action for a long time. Kind of a Roswell situation.

EalingBlue2 said:
Gaudion M said:
SuperBlu said:

To be fair Barklay is a full international with 70 premier league games for a decent side - griffiths was a Welsh U21 player who had played for Shrewsbury - it's not much of a comparison !

Could be a very good player and we need homegrown too

Not an achievement getting into the current England team though.

forevermancity said:
The only thing that is concerning is his injury record. You have to be shit hot to get straight back Into our team straight away, if Barkley was to get injured, the quality of the squad would ensure he wouldn't get a sniff of 1st team action for a long time. Kind of a Roswell situation.
When did we get a UFO? ;)

Manchester_lalala said:
bluemoon32 said:
Can't we just buy some cheap home grown players, stick them in the squad, never play them and then spend our dosh on real foreign talent?

Or put our best prospects in the squad.

Or we can look towards a raft of young talent that is beating everybody at youth international level, to an under 21 side that can beat a formidable Germany team without eligible Premier League players such as Shaw, Jones, Barkley, Sterling, Dier, Berahino, Oxlade-Chamberlain and player of the season Harry Kane.

If we did, then maybe we can gradually become perrenially as successful as those who's default ideology sees them prioritise the signing and development of the best domestic talent. Who knows, we might even get past the second round of the Champions League.

We've had an exclusively foreign transfer policy in the past 24 months and it simply hasn't improved us; it hasn't certainly hasn't been cheap either. If Barkley and Sterling weren't English their vast potential would miraculously become apparent to those on here who currently refuse to acknowledge it.

.A. said:
Manchester_lalala said:
bluemoon32 said:

Or put our best prospects in the squad.

Or we can look towards a raft of young talent that is beating everybody at youth international level, to an under 21 side that can beat a formidable Germany team without eligible Premier League players such as Shaw, Jones, Barkley, Sterling, Dier, Berahino, Oxlade-Chamberlain and player of the season Harry Kane.

If we did, then maybe we can gradually become perrenially as successful as those who's default ideology sees them prioritise the signing and development of the best domestic talent. Who knows, we might even get past the second round of the Champions League.

We've had an exclusively foreign transfer policy in the past 24 months and it simply hasn't improved us; it hasn't certainly hasn't been cheap either. If Barkley and Sterling weren't English their vast potential would miraculously become apparent to those on here who currently refuse to acknowledge it.
If Barkley wasn't English no one would bat an eyelid on him

Sterling though is good and can become an amazing player

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.