Ross Barkley

.A. said:
bluechampion7891 said:
.A. said:
Di Maria really only had one season at Real where he looked world-class, and his fee was almost £60m. Ozil hasn't exactly been pivotal for Arsenal in the past 18 months either, but most people on here would prefer us to bring in those kinds of players in than invest in a player who will become an asset for a decade.

If we wait for Barkley to consistently perform to his potential, our opportunity will pass and he'll be on the radar of Europe's biggest clubs, as well as the likes of Chelsea and United, who look likely to be competitive again in the next few seasons. We made that mistake with both Bale and Gary Cahill, who we were seemingly interested in but never followed up.

Buying him raw now and allowing him to grow within the club, defining his game to suit our style will be far more beneficial to us than buying a succession of mediocre imports. Last night was an insight into the player he can become. I do like Jordan Henderson for his dynamic qualities and feel he'd be useful to our current team, but the reality is Barkley has the same physical capacity, yet is an infinitely better footballer.

I can see us tabling a bid of around £25m, and if Everton refuse then Barkley himself handing in a transfer request.

you cant be serious after the dross he served last night

As a Premier League player he is useful, his performances in the past 18 months have proved that. We get overrun in the midfield area too often, and his performance against us was a prime example. He'd add better balance and defensive contribution, but as I said developing Barkley into the same role would make more sense.

I feel Barkley lacks a bit of subtlety in and around the penalty area, but with space ahead of him to drive into and utilise his powerful shooting with either foot he could maximise his huge potential. One trait of his that is underrated is his ability to keep play ticking over with snappy, short passes; Wilshere and Hughes are the same in that respect. That capacity allowed Barry look so at ease next to Toure, Nasri and Silva.

Henderson is one of the most jammiest players I've ever seen lol.

BigOscar said:
IWasHere said:
BigOscar said:
He's not going to find an end product untill he learns to dribble without having his eyes glued to his feet. You can't make a pass if you never even see it

ross-barkley-goal-newcastle-vs-everton.gif
Well done for only reading half the sentence, then posting a gif that nicely shows how he doesn't look up while dribbling.

Hahaha jesus christ

BigOscar said:
IWasHere said:
BigOscar said:
He's not going to find an end product untill he learns to dribble without having his eyes glued to his feet. You can't make a pass if you never even see it

ross-barkley-goal-newcastle-vs-everton.gif
Well done for only reading half the sentence, then posting a gif that nicely shows how he doesn't look up while dribbling.

Wow. Absolutely slammed.

Well we can wait for him till the end of next season, when we can know how big a player he is. But till then it may be too late when Europe top clubs will be running after him and we have to pay 60 or even 70 million for him. Well he definitely have the potention for being such a player.
So if the price is 35 million or even 40 million i will go for him. In the other hand i expect our own brendon barker to be such a player. Well the modern game is about risk especially for a young emerging english talent. No risk no gain.

Incredible natural talent who's been poorly coached.

Our coaching could take Barkley to the next level IMO.

CityFan94 said:

He's got to leave Everton if he wants to improve. I think Martinez did the right thing by playing him in the hole to take away the pressure of poor passes/dwelling on the ball but he's now not allowed him to take more responsibility or play his natural game. You know you're at the wrong club when Roy Hodgson is getting more out of you... he's got to be one of the poorest tacticians in the game yet even he can get a better performance out of Barkley.

He's going to be a brilliant player if given the right platform. So much raw talent that we can guide in the right direction with top management and players surrounding him.

This looks to me far more likely than Sterling. Firstly Everton are far worse than Liverpool. He needs to leave. It's a risk on our part but he could be our Rooney. ie A player who will give us 12 years and become a world star at the same time.

CityFan94 said:

Like what we have done with Adam Johnson, Sinclair and Rodwell ?

IF a player wants to improve then he should go to a team where he can start every game, otherwise he will never improve.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.