Ross Barkley

He's a very good player but one we don't need.

He can't defend and that's not a problem if you play him in a no 10 role, which is where he is at his best, but the idea he can replace Yaya is wrong, if you think we are leaky in midfield now that'd only get much worse with Barkley. So really, we'd want him as a number 10 but brings up another problem. We have the best 10 the premier league has seen in Silva, followed by our new signing of De Bruyne who's looked worth every penny. Then you have the likes of Sterling etc who do well in the role, suddenly you'd be buying a £40million player as 3rd choice, or shoehorning him into positions he doesn't excel at when we have better options.

That is my opinion in any case. A very good player, but not one we need and for the price we could go grab ourselves a player suited to our needs.

Barkley are no yaya replacement, coz they play in different position. All great teams in the past play 4-2-3-1 with anchorman and deep lying playmaker. We need to find suitable and long term player.

Think he would fit in really well here but he needs to keep his performances at this current level for the full season. Would be delighted if he was our marquee signing next summer, as long as we get a left back as well.

Only position I see is weak in is another striker and a replacement for yaya.

We don't have room for Barkley.

Loses the ball too much. Doesn't pass enough. Has a decent shot on him, so scores decent goals from time to time that gets him noticed.

Lacks the football brain to develop into a top class player. Similar to Shelvey at Swansea. He'll carve out a decent career at a top 10 club, but will never be a star for a top club.

Everton is having some good players but not the best season, and so perhaps some of their better players could be for grabs.

I think a "raumdeubter" kind of player could fit this team well. Ross Barkley seems to have something for that type of player in a young package. Would need to convert him to a striker role if being intended as a Bony replacement though. Pep has worked with this style of players before and made good use of them.

Anyone interrested?

Everton is having some good players but not the best season, and so perhaps some of their better players could be for grabs.

I think a "raumdeubter" kind of player could fit this team well. Ross Barkley seems to have something for that type of player in a young package. Would need to convert him to a striker role if being intended as a Bony replacement though. Pep has worked with this style of players before and made good use of them.

Anyone interrested?

Barkley could never ever ever be a striker.

Big thread on him. We've scouted/touted him before. Everton were cautious as he apparently has/had strong connections with our EDS. I'm not sure where I stand with him, he blows very hot and cold. Not sure he'd be worth the big bucks Everton would want.

Barkley could never ever ever be a striker.

Perhaps not, but i think he's that kidn of player that would fit our style and who could be modeled to greatness by Pep.

Ayoze perrez has something of it too, more of a natural striker that one, but somewhat less physicallity and aerial abbilety than Barkley

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.