Ross Barkley

TGR said:
nmc said:
acton28 said:
I'd sign him - well worth a punt. Anything over £25m is laughable.

Good point but at £25m you won't sign him in this market. It's a joke - he will end up at the Rags for £40m.

I'd sign him in a heartbeat. He is a proper footballer and he is English - like it or not that is important nowadays.
He may well end up at the swamp - but I dearly hope he doesn't.
£40m is OTT but then again £27m for Luke Shaw is genuinely laughable. The market price is the market price.
I'd rather manage with what we have now until we have our own lads coming through, and yes they will. Unless they change the rules (always a possibility) we don't need to be splurging ridiculous amounts on players just because they're HG.

Write off the £2.5m supposedly Everton have to pay for Barry and give them a good deal on Rodwell - In return we have a written agreement to buy or get first refusal on Barkley next summer - He needs another year at Everton anyway but I think honestly he is next big thing, he has everything .... power, pace, finishing, a pass, goes past people like they're not there .... Obviously he's a bit hit and miss at the mo but he's improving at a serious rate ....

de niro said:
Miss this lad at our peril.

Totally agree ... he's probably the one of this generation of England players. He'll be even better than Sterling, who IMO is going to be world class.

City need to have a contingency for if clubs go bidding for him this summer to ensure we're in the race.

Financially I think it's just about doable. 49 million plus the sales of Rodwell and Richards (who are being replaced by Sagna and Fernando) should bring us 10 million. With that 59 you take off 14 for Fernando/Sagna leaving 45 ... you can then spend 25 on a CB leaving us 20 million.

Now I think it's totally feasible to offer Everton 20 million this summer and 20 million next summer for Barkley, get round the FFP sanctions, and still get the player.

That's if we don't factor in the sale of Milner ... which will bring us another 10 million minimum.

BillyShears said:
de niro said:

Totally agree ... he's probably the one of this generation of England players. He'll be even better than Sterling, who IMO is going to be world class.

City need to have a contingency for if clubs go bidding for him this summer to ensure we're in the race.

Financially I think it's just about doable. 49 million plus the sales of Rodwell and Richards (who are being replaced by Sagna and Fernando) should bring us 10 million. With that 59 you take off 14 for Fernando/Sagna leaving 45 ... you can then spend 25 on a CB leaving us 20 million.

Now I think it's totally feasible to offer Everton 20 million this summer and 20 million next summer for Barkley, get round the FFP sanctions, and still get the player.

That's if we don't factor in the sale of Milner ... which will bring us another 10 million minimum.

I think the only problem would be that if he becomes attainable, then you will get the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal and the rags offering 40 million up front which would make our offer less appealable to Everton

Would love to see him at City tho, if not this summer then next

chris85mcfc said:
BillyShears said:
de niro said:

I think the only problem would be that if he becomes attainable, then you will get the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal and the rags offering 40 million up front which would make our offer less appealable to Everton

Chelsea might offer £40m upfront. The Rags will want to pay £1,000 a week forever via Wonga or Ocean Finance.

chris85mcfc said:
BillyShears said:
de niro said:

He's going to want to stay in the north west IMO. It's going to come down to us or the rags. No doubt the rags will offer the money up front ... but City could offer many other things to incentivise the deal, not least of which could be players like Rodwell/Milner/Richards. We could also look at sending someone like Lopes on loan there. We could right off the fee for Barry.

I'd like to think that the Spanish connection will also help. I suspect that there's at the very least a cordial relationship between Txiki and Martinez.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.