Ross Barkley

MeatHunterrr said:
BlueDejong said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Who is reporting there was?

Of course City would be interested in a player like him, but United, Arsenal and Chelsea would all be ahead of us in his preferred options.

Why English players doesn't like City ?

Well you know it yourself.. not good reputation with english players here

If their good enough they will play

I can count on my hand the amount of players in that England squad that would challenge for our 18 man match day squad

BlueDejong said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
jimbopm said:
Tolm, as far as you know, was there any genuine interest in him from our side?

Of course City would be interested in a player like him, but United, Arsenal and Chelsea would all be ahead of us in his preferred options.

The easy reply would be to say, 'Why do you think?'

But the real truth is we are now paying the price of previously buying mediocre/average English players, who simply couldn't cut it at the levels the rest of the team are able to produce.

The English media don't want to accept that reality, so it is easier to just label City as not being interested in having English players in the side on a regular basis.

The problem is not City's, it's an overrating and overpricing of slightly-above average players who just happen to have a British passport.

I would argue that only Rooney, Bale, Ashley Cole and John Terry, in his pomp, would have been good enough to play in this City team every week in the last few years.

Barkley is a fantastic talent, but still not good enough to start every week for City.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
BlueDejong said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

The easy reply would be to say, 'Why do you think?'

But the real truth is we are now paying the price of previously buying mediocre/average English players, who simply couldn't cut it at the levels the rest of the team are able to produce.

The English media don't want to accept that reality, so it is easier to just label City as not being interested in having English players in the side on a regular basis.

The problem is not City's, it's an overrating and overpricing of slightly-above average players who just happen to have a British passport.

I would argue that only Rooney, Bale, Ashley Cole and John Terry, in his pomp, would have been good enough to play in this City team every week in the last few years.

Barkley is a fantastic talent, but still not good enough to start every week for City.

When we bought Barry, Lescott and Milner they were all at the right level individually to play at the level we were at under Hughes

Since them Mancini took us up a notch, and Pellegrini as took us up another notch on top of that

Unfortunately despite the fact that they are all good players to have knocking about, and include Micah in that, they aren't good enough for the level we are at now and certainly won't be at our level in a years/2 years time

In 2 or 3 years time, Shaw, Barkley and Stones will all be good enough to grace our team. Fingers crossed they won't have gone elsewhere by then.

chris85mcfc said:
MeatHunterrr said:
BlueDejong said:

I can count on my hand the amount of players in that England squad that would challenge for our 18 man match day squad

Go ahead and name them ??

Hart - we already have
Leighten Baines
Rooney

hmmmmmmmmmmmm.... struggling after that ....

We have a great squad. Barkley could be our gamble. We do need to start a reputation for building HG players and bringing them through. We are meant to be following the Barca example. I seem to remember a commitment from us to provide a core of future England teams. Liverpool are paying for the privilege at the moment. Ironically FFP is the only thing stopping us from taking these gambles.

That "we're going to break the transfer record for a player in white" thing from last summer - is that still on the cards?

TrueBlue1705 said:
chris85mcfc said:
MeatHunterrr said:

Go ahead and name them ??

Hart - we already have
Leighten Baines
Rooney

hmmmmmmmmmmmm.... struggling after that ....

Too challenge for our 18 man squad?

Not including Hart and Milner cause their already at City. I'd say probably Cahill, Rooney and maybe Sturridge.

And even two of those are at a push

BillyShears said:
Stoned Rose said:
If he has a top World Cup every **** will be all over him. Could become a 45m bracket player within a month.

Everton will be buzzing.

I think everyone already knows he's in that bracket. I've been surprised at the number of people who have said he's not that good or that he's a risk. Luke Shaw at 35 million pounds is more of a risk than Barkley would be at 45. IMO if Barkley gets the right coaching and plays in the right team he'll be the best midfield player in England in the next 3/4 years.

I hate the fact I rate him so much because part of me just knows he's gonna end up a rag!

No Billy I think you'll find you think he's in that bracket.

The fact that you then go on to say if he gets the right coaching and plays in the right team he'll be the best midfielder in England suggests a lot of ifs and buts.

Given those ifs and buts there wouldn't be any sane minded club on earth who would value him at £45m today.

Don't get me wrong I think he's a very good player and would love him at City, but he isn't worth £45m today. He's worth more like £25m at the moment but a blistering world cup would change that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.