Ross Barkley

de niro said:
efcblue said:
I see you guys can get a little upset when presented with the situation where a player may not wish to sign for you. Even more so, when it is possible that money may not tempt that player to move. I suppose I understand. I'm simply telling you what I know and believe will happen (not what I think and hope will happen). A £50m bid was rejected, Martinez played it off as speculation, he did not deny it and people close to the club confirmed it. You'll need more than £50m to get Barkley and I guess that's out of your FFP threshold, huh? There's always time after a few years.

Anyway, gnight.

we have 50m NETT to spend. so we sell yaya, micha, rodwell and even Garcia and that fund doubles. Everton are simply yet another one of our bitches, if we want him we'll get him.

good luck on channel 5.

Why be so insulting? It isn't long since we'd have killed for a UEFA Cup run

Bluewonder said:
de niro said:
efcblue said:
I see you guys can get a little upset when presented with the situation where a player may not wish to sign for you. Even more so, when it is possible that money may not tempt that player to move. I suppose I understand. I'm simply telling you what I know and believe will happen (not what I think and hope will happen). A £50m bid was rejected, Martinez played it off as speculation, he did not deny it and people close to the club confirmed it. You'll need more than £50m to get Barkley and I guess that's out of your FFP threshold, huh? There's always time after a few years.

Anyway, gnight.

we have 50m NETT to spend. so we sell yaya, micha, rodwell and even Garcia and that fund doubles. Everton are simply yet another one of our bitches, if we want him we'll get him.

good luck on channel 5.

Don't feel sorry for Everton!

Bluewonder said:
de niro said:
efcblue said:

Anyway, gnight.

good luck on channel 5.

When you get kids coming on trying to play the smartarse, sometimes you just snap.

I'm sure you ain't no saint

If the story is true, the offer of £25mill + Rodwell for Barkley is nonsense. End off.

If Barkley was for sale, all the top English clubs would be in for him, and that alone would push his transfer price up and up.

Everton FC and Everton fans would be insulted with that offer(Luke Shaw, £30mill), and rightly so. Imagine if the tables were turned. This thread would meltdown.

However, Kenwright in his insane wisdom voted for PL-FFPR. In essence, Evrton are now f***ed and can only sign players if they sell their best players, as their transfer kitty is non-existent.

Unfortunately for City, this transfer deal is a prime example of Platini's, UEFA's, Gill's, etc plan working. Without our transfer cap we'd have put in a massive bid for Barkley.

The only way this transfer will happen, and that's if Everton want to sell, which I doubt, is via the sale of Yaya and the transfer monies that generates. Personally I'd rather hang onto to Yaya this season and go for Barkley in the future, when he wants to leave, and when we've got no Platini, Uefa, Gill, etc, spending restrictions hanging over us.

jrb said:
If the story is true, the offer of £25mill + Rodwell for Barkley is nonsense. End off.

If Barkley was for sale, all the top English clubs would be in for him, and that alone would push his transfer price up and up.

Everton FC and Everton fans would be insulted with that offer(Luke Shaw, £30mill), and rightly so. Imagine if the tables were turned. This thread would meltdown.

However, Kenwright in his insane wisdom voted for PL-FFPR. In essence, Evrton are now f***ed and can only sign players if they sell their best players, as their transfer kitty is non-existent.

Unfortunately for City, this transfer deal is a prime example of Platini's, UEFA's, Gill's, etc plan working. Without our transfer cap we'd have put in a massive bid for Barkley.

The only way this transfer will happen, and that's if Everton want to sell, which I doubt, is via the sale of Yaya and the transfer monies that generates. Personally I'd rather hang onto to Yaya this season and go for Barkley in the future, when he wants to leave, and when we've got no Platini, Uefa, Gill, etc, spending restrictions hanging over us.

Perfect analysis.

MaineRoadBlue said:
jrb said:

Perfect analysis.
Agree. But this also shows how our FFP penalty may also harm other clubs who may have benefitted from a big pay day. The trickle down no longer happens. Less money in the system etc etc

de niro said:
efcblue said:

Anyway, gnight.

good luck on channel 5.
If anyone really did bid £50 million (total bollocks of course) do you think the buyer was actually bidding for the entire club? Seems plausible.

jrb said:

Well depends on what you seem him as.
A No. 10: United (Mata, Kagawa, Rooney, even Herera to some extent) and Arsenal (Ozil, Cazorla) have an army of #10s, Liverpool don't play with a #10 (sterling is like a Winger played centrally) and have Coutinho and Lallana to play there. Chelsea have like 6 AMs and 4 CMs.
As a CM: Too attacking IMO for a midfield as bare as United's, same problem really with Arsenal who have Ramsey and Wilshere and chose to move over Fabregas to sign a DM. Liverpool have Henderson, Allen, Slippery Gerard, Can. So well stocked too.

Rest of the clubs don't have the money to sign him. Honestly, if we were not hamstrung for cash, we could've signed him this summer without much competition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.