Ross Barkley

mashiur09 said:
Suppose, we don't sell Nasty and Jimmy to raise the fund (Richards, Rodwell, Sinclair & Garcia left as pre planned). Then, We just break the bank and sign Barkley. Obviously it will cross our £49m limit. If we don't register Barkley for the UCL this season or next season, will it be a FFP problem......? A question to our FFP experts. Tbh, i don't understand much about FFP. Surely EPL ain't UEFA's property and we ain't breaking any EPL regulations. So, how can they govern this matter?

You probably know twice as much as Platini and his beancounters know!

mashiur09 said:
Suppose, we don't sell Nasty and Jimmy to raise the fund (Richards, Rodwell, Sinclair & Garcia left as pre planned). Then, We just break the bank and sign Barkley. Obviously it will cross our £49m limit. If we don't register Barkley for the UCL this season or next season, will it be a FFP problem......? A question to our FFP experts. Tbh, i don't understand much about FFP. Surely EPL ain't UEFA's property and we ain't breaking any EPL regulations. So, how can they govern this matter?
It's just another grey area in this whole ruling. For a start, it's a 60m euro fine on a club that doesn't operate in Euros. So what exchange rate is used, or we could fail due to a sudden shift in rates.

Another is, what happens regarding total fee with all the add ons? If there's a clause which says if we win two titles with player x in the squad, the club we bought him from get £10m. That clearly can't happen this season, so does it count towards the cap? If it does, we can sell Rodwell to Sunderland for £30m, where £20m is only payable if they win the CL with him scoring the winner in the final by a back heeled volley from the half way line.

Whilst I like the clubs stance of playing the FFP game and in reality, it's a great position for us to be in when the sheikh gets bored (copyright rags), as we'll have to be self sufficient, there may be some instances where we should exploit the rules. Barkley is one of them, if that's a chance of someone else getting him this summer.

I don't know if it's been posted but the SS website 'what the papers say' section claim
SUNDAY MIRROR: Manchester City are looking to offload several squad players to fund a surprise move for Everton and England star Ross Barkley, while a £32million deal for Porto and France defender Eliaquim Mangala is close to being sealed

I think they've been perusing the 'And so it begins' thread...

The cookie monster said:
de niro said:
mashiur09 said:

good question.
It is
And as far as i'm aware we can spend what the hell we like on players to just play in the prem and domestic cup matches,or then i again could be wrong.......
According to the UEFA issued statement :-

Manchester City agrees to significantly limit spending in the transfer market for seasons 2014/2015 and 2015/2016. Manchester City further accepts a calculated limitation on the number of new registrations it may include within their “A” List for the purposes of participation in UEFA competitions. This calculation is based on the clubs net transfer position in each respective registration period covered by this agreement.

So like most of the statement that's clear as mud.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.