Ross Barkley

taconinja said:
mastermind said:
Maybe we're trying to offload Jovetic so we could buy Barkley ?
That would be insanity.

Barkley has been linked with us for some time, which means that we have been talking to Everton.

We have to get the money from somewhere right ? Rodwell, Sinclair and Richards will only generate around £15 million, nowhere near the required £32 million to secure Barkley's services.

mastermind said:
taconinja said:
mastermind said:
That would be insanity.

Barkley has been linked with us for some time, which means that we have been talking to Everton.

We have to get the money from somewhere right ? Rodwell, Sinclair and Richards will only generate around £15 million, nowhere near the required £32 million to secure Barkley's services.
They want Milner.

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
Selling Milner, Rodwell, Richards, Guidetti and Sinclair could potentially give us the funds.
Milner won't be going anywhere. Far too valuable a player to sell.

KippaxCitizen said:
SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
Selling Milner, Rodwell, Richards, Guidetti and Sinclair could potentially give us the funds.
Milner won't be going anywhere. Far too valuable a player to sell.

I disagree,his versatility and attitude is superb,however the squad now has enough depth for us not to miss him.And being fair,he deserves more playing time than we can offer him.

I think he is the ideal player to recoup some cash.

mastermind said:
taconinja said:
mastermind said:
That would be insanity.

A non home grown player has to be sold at some point this window. We are only allowed 17 for the Premier League, and Mangala will make 18. Any one of Garcia, Jovetic or Ya Ya would generate enough cash (in conjunction with Richards, Sinclair and J-Rod) to buy Barkley. Trouble is, they all contribute nicely to the balance of the squad. It's why I couldn't (and still can't) understand why we bought Sagna and, to a lesser extent, Caballero

I'd be happy to see him come next summer instead, but obviously it all depends on whether anyone else would be in for him this year.

If he stays at Everton, continues to develop as everyone expects, there will certainly be others in for him next summer. If the rags have the chance I'm sure they would make a play for him. Can see Chelsea in for him as well. They have a multitude of midfielders but RA seems to like buying everyone he can then sending them out on loan.

I'd be happy if we secured him this window. If not, I hope we go back for him next summer but I would imagine we will be paying Everton more money next year and have a few other clubs to fighting to sign him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.