Ross Barkley

ChicagoBlue said:
Mister Appointment said:
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-transfers-eliaquim-mangala-7415549

A Stu Brennan piece on our HG quota. Posted it in here because he says at the end as per what Tolmie said the other day, that we are trying to offload players to bring Barkley in.

The FFP Squad restrictions are for ONE YEAR! Why would we sell a decent player with a long term contract to solve a CL problem that is only a problem for MAYBE 7 or 8 games, if we are lucky?

Personally I'd sell any of the three mentioned (if not all of them) if it meant getting Barkley. I think with him the HG quota is the bonus. The more important aspect of any mooted transfer is that he's good enough to play for us, and there's very few English players who are.

Mister Appointment said:
ChicagoBlue said:
Mister Appointment said:
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-transfers-eliaquim-mangala-7415549

A Stu Brennan piece on our HG quota. Posted it in here because he says at the end as per what Tolmie said the other day, that we are trying to offload players to bring Barkley in.

The FFP Squad restrictions are for ONE YEAR! Why would we sell a decent player with a long term contract to solve a CL problem that is only a problem for MAYBE 7 or 8 games, if we are lucky?

Personally I'd sell any of the three mentioned (if not all of them) if it meant getting Barkley. I think with him the HG quota is the bonus. The more important aspect of any mooted transfer is that he's good enough to play for us, and there's very few English players who are.

Completely agree. The club is making the next transition in terms of transfer policy and our squad. We've spent the big money and we have brought in a lot of foreign players and now we need to refine it. We added experience last season and this season we have added an experienced keeper and are also focussing on young acquisitions who will go up in value ideally and become a real asset. Barkley is young and whilst he will cost a lot he is incredibly talented and would suit our style of play - his price tag will likely go up and he can become a real marketing tool for the club as Rooney has been for the rags.

The fact is, if Negredo wants to go - as Brennan suggests he does - then he'll ultimately go.

If we got £20m-odd for him I'd be reasonably happy, as much as I like the Beast. We already have Džeko, Sergio and JoJo - although the fitness of the last two is often suspect - and Guidetti is still around.

Although we bought Fernando and Fernandinho, and for now still have Milner, Rodwell and Garcia, if Yaya leaves then we need to replace his dynamism in the centre of midfield, and Barkley is a solid start.

Yes, Pogba and Vidal are better players (currently), but Barkley is extremely promising and English, which handily assists with HG issues.

There are worse outcomes.

I think its quite unlikely that we will sign Barkley this summer. Everton will demand huge money for him and £30 million is not enough I would imagine. £40 million maybe considering the English prices..

The_Boxing_KangaBlue said:
The fact is, if Negredo wants to go - as Brennan suggests he does - then he'll ultimately go.

If we got £20m-odd for him I'd be reasonably happy, as much as I like the Beast. We already have Džeko, Sergio and JoJo - although the fitness of the last two is often suspect - and Guidetti is still around.

Although we bought Fernando and Fernandinho, and for now still have Milner, Rodwell and Garcia, if Yaya leaves then we need to replace his dynamism in the centre of midfield, and Barkley is a solid start.

Yes, Pogba and Vidal are better players (currently), but Barkley is extremely promising and English, which handily assists with HG issues.

Not convinced with Guidetti and after the injury hit season we had last year it would be madness selling the Beast and not replacing him.

ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN said:

Not convinced with Guidetti and after the injury hit season we had last year it would be madness selling the Beast and not replacing him.
That would leave us with 3 strikers that cannot seem to stay fit and one that can go weeks without scoring.

ChicagoBlue said:
Mister Appointment said:

At the moment we will have to drop someone from the premier league squad and we need more home grown for that and Europe next year (3 more) so we do need to act

MeatHunterrr said:
flb said:
Sell Yaya and buy Barkley

It's a no brainer
but we will get slaughtered by media if we buy him because the agenda is we ruin english players careers. regardless of whether they play or not.
Since when did what the media says become important?!

aguero93:20 said:
ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN said:

That would leave us with 3 strikers that cannot seem to stay fit and one that can go weeks without scoring.
If he starts regularly though he scores non stop.

If Dzeko started every game he'd come near to being top scorer - like he was in Germany.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.