Ross Barkley

ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN said:
The_Boxing_KangaBlue said:
The fact is, if Negredo wants to go - as Brennan suggests he does - then he'll ultimately go.

If we got £20m-odd for him I'd be reasonably happy, as much as I like the Beast. We already have Džeko, Sergio and JoJo - although the fitness of the last two is often suspect - and Guidetti is still around.

Although we bought Fernando and Fernandinho, and for now still have Milner, Rodwell and Garcia, if Yaya leaves then we need to replace his dynamism in the centre of midfield, and Barkley is a solid start.

Yes, Pogba and Vidal are better players (currently), but Barkley is extremely promising and English, which handily assists with HG issues.

There are worse outcomes.

Not convinced with Guidetti and after the injury hit season we had last year it would be madness selling the Beast and not replacing him.
Don't disagree, but how many clubs have FOUR full-blown top class strikers?

Would be a big gamble.

The fact is, if Negredo wants to go - as Brennan suggests he does - then he'll ultimately go.

If we got £20m-odd for him I'd be reasonably happy, as much as I like the Beast. We already have Džeko, Sergio and JoJo - although the fitness of the last two is often suspect - and Guidetti is still around.

Although we bought Fernando and Fernandinho, and for now still have Milner, Rodwell and Garcia, if Yaya leaves then we need to replace his dynamism in the centre of midfield, and Barkley is a solid start.

Yes, Pogba and Vidal are better players (currently), but Barkley is extremely promising and English, which handily assists with HG issues.

Not convinced with Guidetti and after the injury hit season we had last year it would be madness selling the Beast and not replacing him.

Would be a big gamble.

We did in 2011/12. Jovetic is versatile enough (and Aguero injury-prone enough) to warrant it I think.

Would be a big gamble.

It would be a gamble as Dzeko is the only one of the three who isn't prone to injuries.

Aguero can play up front on his own but Dzeko needs someone alongside him IMO.

The Beast goes we sign another CF but who.

Money towards Barkley will be Milner, Rodwell, Garcia and Richards, hopefully that will buy him but Milner would be missed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.