Ross Barkley

As an Everton fan, I reckon we would sell him for around £40-45m, given we got for £30m for Fellaini and Barkley is home grown and younger, etc. I don't get why City don't throw everything at Pogba though, he's the player everyone wants Barkley to be and I think he would count as one of your home grown players too.

practically_floored said:
As an Everton fan, I reckon we would sell him for around £40-45m, given we got for £30m for Fellaini and Barkley is home grown and younger, etc. I don't get why City don't throw everything at Pogba though, he's the player everyone wants Barkley to be and I think he would count as one of your home grown players too.

You got £30M for Fellaini because Moyes is a ginger idiot. Barkley has done nothing to command a fee anywhere near that. Only in the deluded minds of Everton fans and the fevered dreams of Bill Kenwright is he worth that much. I would be gutted if we paid anything over £15M for him, and even that would be a risk. I'd much rather we looked elsewhere.

Barkley could be playing against the likes of Rotherham , Huddersfield and the like in the championship next year.

You got £30M for Fellaini because Moyes is a ginger idiot. Barkley has done nothing to command a fee anywhere near that. Only in the deluded minds of Everton fans and the fevered dreams of Bill Kenwright is he worth that much. I would be gutted if we paid anything over £15M for him, and even that would be a risk. I'd much rather we looked elsewhere.

Obviously he's not worth that, all I'm saying is that's what we'd ask for him. I'm sure you've noticed that we ask for huge amounts when we sell, I mean you paid £24m for Lescott and he wasn't even an England regular. Honestly I don't think Barkley would get into your team, and he'd struggle to get on your bench.

Lets please forget this kid until he proves he has the goods,right now he's as likely to be the next Ireland as he is Yaya.

FantasyIreland said:
Lets please forget this kid until he proves he has the goods,right now he's as likely to be the next Ireland as he is Yaya.

maybe, but maybe next September he clicks again and his value shoots up and we miss out on yet another star.

It's a risk, but I'd rather take this one than buy Wilshere.

That being said, we should only be buying the best, so for me Txiki doing his job right equals the likes of Pogba/Koke this summer.

No point buying him, if so he'd turn out to be another Rodwell. Might as well spend big on either koke, pogba or veratti but I doubt he'll leave. We could even buy a world class winger.

Obviously he's not worth that, all I'm saying is that's what we'd ask for him. I'm sure you've noticed that we ask for huge amounts when we sell, I mean you paid £24m for Lescott and he wasn't even an England regular. Honestly I don't think Barkley would get into your team, and he'd struggle to get on your bench.

But he was an Everton regular. Barkley is not a regular for either, particularly for England. He's inconsistent but clearly talented, he's not really improved this season and still shows glimpses of talent but nothing more.

I think you'll be able to keep him because most clubs wont be willing to pay big money on a risk like Barkley whilst there are cheaper and more proven players available abroad. I agree that we should be going for Pogba but I don't think we'll get him because of the competition we will face for his signature.

If he's worth that,i'd want £200 million for Aguero !

If i'm honest,I think Barkley's head has been turned .

Thenumber1blue said:
If he's worth that,i'd want £200 million for Aguero !

If i'm honest,I think Barkley's head has been turned .

It's an interesting thought because you would have thought with him being an Evertonian he would going all out die hard to help his club get up the league.

With our homegrown quota diminishing it wouldn't surprise me to know that me might have tapped him up, either way we are going to have to sign one or two English players this summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.