Roughest / Most unwelcoming cities in the UK

I've experienced a right change in attitude and service in Liverpool when they figure out you're a Manc, from bartenders to old women serving at national trust properties, they are a special bunch over that way.

But for all out weirdness and misplaced hostility, Nottingham hands down. First time I went on a night out there, group of lads split into two with one side trying to bait us and the other trying to tell us we can take their mates no problem, we'd be doing them a favor etc, being Mancs we'd have it easy, if we just go outside and sort it.

Arruved at a hotel there which turned out to not be a hotel and more a halfway house I think, door to our room had been punched clean through and when the guy on 'reception' heard we had a birthday in the group he offered to bring round some girls he knew for a cash advance, then kinda insisted we give him the money regardless as he'd brought it up. Left only our spare undercrackers in the room that night I tell you, and arrived back there to the guy arguing with some lads in a car outside, him slamming his fists down on the roof and shouting they were marked men now. Just shuffled past and made a very early exit the next day.

You've met me and I think you thought a was a twat, fair enough pal. I'm not arsed what you think if you do.

That’s quite possibly the most paranoid (and inaccurate) thing I’ve ever read concerning my own personal perception.

I’ve had significant verbal from Scousers whilst wearing City colours whilst travelling to matches. Threatening language etc. United were always their sworn enemies but it’s getting that way with us now.

There’s always been a thing between Manchester and Liverpool. Numerous Manc friends have had problems there. Me less so because I sound “posh” by all accounts.

Now time to get mummy’s permission to go to Cardiff tomorrow for the football match...

Welsh boozers where they are speaking English and as soon as you walk in and they hear your accent they start speaking fucking Welsh......cunts

Utter bollocks. I have friends who are first language Welsh and they switch to English to speak to me. Ditto lads I’m meeting for the first time watching Wales. They speak Welsh to each other.

Did you think the same whilst getting a Chinese meal?

Anybody ratted out Dundee yet.
Worked there about 15 /20 years ago.
On my own.
Walked into the closest pub to the hotel and quietly ordered a beer.
10 seconds later I'm surrounded by 3 pensioners threatening to "fecking glass the English ****".
Luckily a big fucker who was with his misses stood up and told them to "sit down and shut the feck up".
He then apologised to me and paid me a beer on.
The pensioners left not long after.
The big geezer about 15mins after them.
Got talking to the barmaid.
Turned out that the old guys used to think they were gangsters.
Apparently the big fucker was a big player in Dundee and didn't take shit from anybody.
She also said to watch my back on the one minute walk to the hotel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.