Roughest / Most unwelcoming cities in the UK

I don't really have any stand out examples, I think it might be a case of just being in weird pubs rather than a place being unwelcoming.....went in a pub in Digbeth after Villa away some years ago whilst waiting for the coach back to Manchester, don't really know how to describe it but it was us and a few groups of locals in.....it started going quieter and quieter until eventually it was practically silent.....even the bar staff were weighing us up a bit......proper strange atmosphere.....this was after a couple of drinks in there as well, we were just minding our business in a corner. Think it was the Dubliner pub.

That’s not the Cardiff I know. There’s some quality boozers around and it hosts regular events. It can get a bit boisterous if the Rugby is going well (a sport I hate) but I find the city welcoming. My family background is Swansea territory too.
If you can get in them
Fucking quiz night to get past the bouncers

If you can get in them
Fucking quiz night to get past the bouncers

Pubs near Cardiff City FC are home only. The Soul Crew / Valleys boys don’t like outsiders.

I’ve found numerous Mancunians to be arrogant and unwelcoming to non-locals. I’d get dogs abuse as a student as would numerous friends. Ditto Blues from London.

Profound. The staff in most Chinese restaurants and takeaways tend to speak Cantonese to each other and English to customers. Do you feel that paranoid then?

Guys from Caernarfon are most often first language Welsh. They speak to each other in Welsh and English to us. I’m not having that story.
Erm, I think you'll find most Chinese speak mandarin ya big daft satsuma.

And @mancityvstoke is correct mate. Mid to North Walians tend to speak English and change to Welsh when they hear an English accent. I've heard this happen quite a few times. Many Welsh are racist towards the English. And please don't argue the toss.
I remember putting you right on your gentrification bollocks of London's east end.

Oh. And I've never had any problems in Cardiff either, and I've stayed in the Anchorage b&b on Fitzshamon embankment plenty of times.

Erm, I think you'll find most Chinese speak mandarin ya big daft satsuma.

And @mancityvstoke is correct mate. Mid to North Walians tend to speak English and change to Welsh when they hear an English accent. I've heard this happen quite a few times. Many Welsh are racist towards the English. And please don't argue the toss.
I remember putting you right on your gentrification bollocks of London's east end.

Oh. And I've never had any problems in Cardiff either, and I've stayed in the Anchorage b&b on Fitzshamon embankment plenty of times.
Yeah South Wales seems different to North Wales. Had a great time in Swansea and the Gower Peninsula.

Yeah South Wales seems different to North Wales. Had a great time in Swansea and the Gower Peninsula.
I've stayed all over south south mate. Most from there don't speak Welsh or like those from mid to North wales from what I've been told. Swansea is a great night out, it's been 3 years since I last worked in South wales, but I've spent plenty of time there. Last time I was there I stayed in Pontypridd and went in Tom Jones local WMC.(he still drinks in there when he's over)

I've stayed all over south south mate. Most from there don't speak Welsh or like those from mid to North wales from what I've been told. Swansea is a great night out, it's been 3 years since I last worked in South wales, but I've spent plenty of time there. Last time I was there I stayed in Pontypridd and went in Tom Jones local WMC.(he still drinks in there when he's over)
Cardiff don't like Utd (try to ignore the "Smell fucking English" comment)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.