Roughest Place In Manchester?

stu the blue 85 said:
crumpsallblue said:
carry on down cheetham hill road and you'll find the robin hood on yer right.. go in there if you wanna see areal pub!!!
or the derby

Derby and the Robin Hood is all that's left I think, so many closed down but hardly suprising most of em were shit holes.

And yes Cheetham Hill is rough but I think it was worse when the Waterloo estate was still around that areas not quite as bas as it used to be, not that I've got my finger on the pulse, I r hermit.

But most of Manchesters just as bad it ain't the prettiest of citites...

Yorkshire Street - Oldham any friday/saturday night..

Most violent street in UK at one time...

colinbellsboots said:
Corky said:
Yeah there are quite a few gangsters there.
im not gonna say how i know this but trust me its true, its where the origanal Quallity street gang started in the early sixtys , was nicknamed POLLARDSville by those outside the area, quality street where known for scarin the krays away from manchester.

So you know Brian T then ?.

pominoz said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
You do know they've shut the Temple and Premier picture houses as well?
They should have done that when i was going there,flea pit,but saw some goodish movies there.
Could always see a 18+ movie,at 14 if you had the money.The Temple,that brings back memories.
Are any of the old joints still going? I left for Aus in 86,and every time i come back more and more of the old joints seem to be closed down.The Clough Hotel in Higher Blackley (great pub) was boarded up last time i was over,wtf is going on?

My parents live around the corner . I had some good nights in the Clough in the late 80's/early 90's . Even The Berkshire has been flattened .
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh4FYRn1PG0[/youtube]

I didnt think Blackley was particularly rough.But its in the news lately concerning recent stabbings.
There was one on Saturday night.A 47 year Old in hospital fighting for his life.
One last night Wroxham road higher Blackley and the victim died from his injuries.3 woman arrested.

Moss side is not bad at all, I went to college there when the crecent was still up and it was bad then. Most of it has been redeveloped its not bad at all now and even 20 years ago as long as you kept your head down and didnt look for trouble it was OK.

I dont think anywhere in Manchester is particuarly bad these days as long as you show some common sense I worked in Ancoats 15 years ago and it could get nasty there it all came from the estate behind the retail park loads of druggies, assaults people getting threatened with hypodemics etc.

They just knocked it down, converted the old mills to yuppy flats and moved a load of new people in there doesnt seem as bad there now walking to games.

Around the pheonix pub at Briscoe lane and Scotland all rd. in Newton heath was allways a nice place to walk around. I grew up in Failsworth and we used to battle every night of the week with Newton Heath, Droylesden etc. When I was 15, we sold up in Failsworth and moved to Toronto Canada and there was about 6 weeks where we had to live with our grandparents in Newton Heath. I still went to school in Failsworth and took the bus back to my grans every night after school. As soon as I was spotted getting off the bus (first week), I was chased, or fighting with the pricks that recognised me. I drove through there last year on the way to the Chelsea game and it looked like it was worse than ever. We used to take the bus back from Maine rd through there and ended up getting a brick through the window half the time.

colinbellsboots said:
Corky said:
Yeah there are quite a few gangsters there.
im not gonna say how i know this but trust me its true, its where the origanal Quallity street gang started in the early sixtys , was nicknamed POLLARDSville by those outside the area, quality street where known for scarin the krays away from manchester.

No disrespect mate but the Krays never came to Manchester its proven many times as an urban myth and the QSG were not a Salford gang.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.