Roughest Place In Manchester?

inchy14 said:
Fried Onions said:
The Robin Hood in Cheetham Hill is a 'real' pub...........close to it's occupants, a welcoming wink, a lovingly pulled pint, all close to the amenities that make Cheetham Hill such a landmark for everything that's wonderful about Manchester.

Used to go in there occassionally in the late 80's but it's been a curry house (or similar) until reverting back to a pub and the griffin further down the road is now an asian clothing store.
Nooo!!! not The Griffin aswell? Hows the Dover Castle going?

squirtyflower said:
t-pott said:
Gorton is rough but it isnt rough nr the nags, thats west gorton. Mount road area of gorton is rough and so is abbey hey in gorton.
f off, i went to school in abbey hey!
And me!
TBH, Gorton has gone severely downhill, I wouldn't ever live there again. Some of my relatives are still there but few and far between now.
Abbey Hey was *always* the posh bit!!!

gazhinio said:
Hard to say really, I guess there are loads of places that are rough and plenty of nice places which has its rough parts too!
For me, having grown up on the Lightbowne estate in Moston (classy) I wouldnt really be scared of walking through any part of Manchester!
However, it is always good practice to be sensible and I wouldn't advise any of you Sarf Manchester lot to be walking through the following areas, in particular at night!

Broughton (lower and higher)
Cheatham hill (especially near the red light area!)
Collyhurst/Miles platting (either side of oldham rd heading towards town centre)

I put Collyhurst/Miles platting as well, i just want to expand on why though just one incident though as there have been many. You know the film Warriors I've lived through a mini version of that film trying to get from town to Newton heath (my mates flat) while fighting a running battle all the way. All because some wanker decided to kick a half full can of beer at a mate of mine and he told them to "fuck off you nob" or something along those lines.

I'll always remember it as it was my 18th Birthday (1997) and i got the shit battered out of me repeatedly (i tried to give as good as i got). The bastards though had cars, vans, bats, bricks, broken bottles, planks of wood with nails in and fuck it wouldn't surprise me if one of the cunts was wondering around with a kitchen sink. They were out to literally murder us that night for fuck all and the nearly did manage it with one of my mates as he ended up seriously ill in hospital with blood pissing from his ears.

pominoz said:
inchy14 said:
Used to go in there occassionally in the late 80's but it's been a curry house (or similar) until reverting back to a pub and the griffin further down the road is now an asian clothing store.
You do know they've shut the Temple and Premier picture houses as well?

Prestwich_Blue said:
pominoz said:
You do know they've shut the Temple and Premier picture houses as well?
They should have done that when i was going there,flea pit,but saw some goodish movies there.
Could always see a 18+ movie,at 14 if you had the money.The Temple,that brings back memories.
Are any of the old joints still going? I left for Aus in 86,and every time i come back more and more of the old joints seem to be closed down.The Clough Hotel in Higher Blackley (great pub) was boarded up last time i was over,wtf is going on?

pominoz said:
mancitymick said:
Must be a blackley village thing, My wife used to live on Dommet street there and we used to always end up at San Rocco
We lived in Grant Street,then above the laundry next to Billy Browns shop.Is Billy still going on the market on Moston Lane? Top guy was Billy.

I would say Moston lane has changed a great deal since you last lived their mate!
It is now an area that I no longer recongnize!
Mainly african shops (due to a significant rise in african families settling in the Moston area).
The Ben and Museum (pubs) have both shut down aswell, terrible state of affairs!

pominoz said:
inchy14 said:
I used to play football for the halfway house your right was full of characters in fact hardly any of the lads who played for them would go in for a pint.

It's been closed down for a while now think it's going to become a solicitors (well at least the regulars will be the same :0)
The Halfway House is closed? Bloody hell,are there any real pubs still going in Manchester?
carry on down cheetham hill road and you'll find the robin hood on yer right.. go in there if you wanna see areal pub!!!

crumpsallblue said:
pominoz said:
The Halfway House is closed? Bloody hell,are there any real pubs still going in Manchester?
carry on down cheetham hill road and you'll find the robin hood on yer right.. go in there if you wanna see areal pub!!!
or the derby

Corky said:
brooklandsblue2.0 said:
My mate lives in the new flats odsall lane, he is pretty well known/respected round Manchester but even he said that some of the families on their are scary!

Yeah there are quite a few gangsters there.
im not gonna say how i know this but trust me its true, its where the origanal Quallity street gang started in the early sixtys , was nicknamed POLLARDSville by those outside the area, quality street where known for scarin the krays away from manchester.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.