RSC is signing today - 9th June - He didn't.

Re: RSC is signing today

nickson71 said:
ono said:
Teavee75 said:
RSC is a capable player, though his record suggests he wont be an answer to our goalscorring problems. We need someone who primary strength is scoring goals. Henry would be my pick.
I don't think we have a goal-scoring problem.

we do away from home and under the cosh ....... that the reason we only won 2 away games all season
yeah true,.

Matty said:
Trigger said:
Matty said:
I will be seriously underwhelmed with the signing of RSC, if true. He's had one good season and that's it. Players don't move from Bayern ****** to Blackburn Rovers if they're good enough to be playing for a Champion's League challenging side, which is what we're aiming for.

Strange that the same could be said for players not moving from Real Madrid to Manchester City if they are good enough to be playing Champs league !! where were you playing Robinho !!!
Not the same, not even slightly the same. When Robinho moved from Real Madrid to City we had plans in place to change City from a mediocre club into one of Europe's elite, and we'd got millions upon millions of pounds to back up that plan. When RSC moved from Bayern ****** to Blackburn Rovers he was joining a club whse main aim is/was to preserve their top flight status.

Sorry but when he joined Rovers they were in Europe, so not exactly looking to stay in Premier! then we nicked there manager and their decline started.

He actually enjoyed working with Hughes and has stated that previously and why he would like to join City, to work with him again. If Robinho moved because we had millions and millions and a plan, why havent the likes of Kaka joined surely they can see the plan ?

At the end of the day if money is no object surely we should just buy and buy, have a squad of 30 quality players or so, fighting to get in the team and not worry if one or two get injured along the way!

blue_paul said:
So you wouldn't agree that there's loads of blues who are fixated by the star names being thrown around on these boards?
Look at the rection to the Ajay threads about the imminent arrival of such and such a player and the place goes beserk.
I personally think a lot of it is to do with a younger demographic on this board, easily excited by tabloid rumour and blatant wind ups.

No, I wouldn't agree. Sure theres interest in the bigger names, but thats natural.

What I strongly disagree with is this thing that gets trotted out that if someone doesn't want a particular player it's must be because they only want star names. I've seen very little of that in relation to RSC, I've seen people questioning his consistency and his quality and his fitness. And while I'm not strongly opposed to his signing they are my concerns as well.

The fact that he isn't a big name player is irrelevant and I'd bet thats the case for the majority of people that don't want him to sign.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
swede140 said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
BimboBob said:
He's a good target man.Has a good first touch and is something we don't have at the moment.We are crying out for someone like him.
Aren't good target men supposed to have a better than 1 in 4 ratio though?

i dont get that ratio crap, the guy could score 3 goals in one game and not get another for 4 games that might win you only 1 game? his a big guy and proven he can score goals in the league when he is fit so why not, imo
I think to PROVE you can score goals in the league you have to do it for more than 1 season, otherwise you are unproven, for example has Zaki proven he can score goals in the Prem League?

yeah he has played one hole sesson and go 20 odd goals, last sesson he miss most of it with his knee,

The Fat el Hombre said:
£18 million is the fee. Apparently Hughes is cooling on Eto as he sees RSC as a better option cos he's prem proven and can hold the ball up better (for Robbie and Tevez). Also Eto wants £160k a week and we're only giving RSC £120k per week

120K for RSC - Get real

Cracking signing if it comes off. Think about what we lacked in last season when we weren't winning games. Presence, strength uptop, someone to bang a ball up to someone who can then control it and lay it off to the nippers, rob and swp. How many goals did we scored from headers last season? RSC is ideal for our formation and the players we have and it'll mean we have a spine. Is he the same class as drogba, adebayor or ronaldo? No but he'll be as effective as them with the players we have and the role hughesy gives him.

bluejase said:
Cracking signing if it comes off. Think about what we lacked in last season when we weren't winning games. Presence, strength uptop, someone to bang a ball up to someone who can then control it and lay it off to the nippers, rob and swp. How many goals did we scored from headers last season? RSC is ideal for our formation and the players we have and it'll mean we have a spine. Is he the same class as drogba, adebayor or ronaldo? No but he'll be as effective as them with the players we have and the role hughesy gives him.
Agree 100%.

He can keep Bellamy company on the treatment table

[quote="swede140]yeah he has played one hole sesson and go 20 odd goals, last sesson he miss most of it with his knee,[/quote]
That's something very subjective and I don't know the answer, is it more or less of a risk? The one thing that it certainly is, is more expensive!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.