RSC is signing today - 9th June - He didn't.

Re: RSC is signing today

masterwig said:
He's exactly the type of player we need.

The question is if he will be fit and is he good enough?

Yes,he may well be the type of player we need.
But sadly my answer to the second 2 questions is a resounding No.
£18 million is a ludicrous sum for a player of his ability and,wth Boj,Petrov,Bellamy and others with injury doubts,he is too much of a liabilty.
If Hughes does sign him,then his next investment should be another physio and an extension to the treatment room.

I've still got high hopes for Boj but I'm worried if we spend umpteen millions on RSC he is going to end up coming off the bench all the time to justify the spend

Ah well, we'll see......

Turns out the info about Eto and RSC's fee and wages were incorrect

The fee is for £10 million, supposedly. I think he's a good addition at that price.

Taylor said:
I don't see why Hughes has such an obsession with RSC. Granted he had a good first season but last year he was shit and injured half the time, he seeks a move to a bigger club and has some for some time. Yes he is an improvement on players like vassell but if Hughes is after Tevez he needs to be careful merely because a look at the club might suggest that too many strikers are already here with Bellamy, Evans, Caicedo, Sturridge, Benjani already here. We still haven't got rid of any deadwood yet!!!!!

This is why...<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x1G3X7JP_0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x1G3X7JP_0</a>

I think we have to accept his goal scoring stats are pretty poor as he has only once scored more than five goals in an entire league season since coming to europe, at bayern he was getting between 2 and 5 goals in approx 20 games a season.

However he may well have always been coming on as a sub, not got many games on the bounce or a number of other reasons. Or it could be that just he had one good season or that now he is in his prime(27 i think) everything has now clicked. Who knows?

However as hughes has worked with him on a daily basis and was himself a striker of the highest order i would prefer to side with his opinion of him than that of a fan.

On the issue of fitness. Wasnt Kompany plagued with injuries before we signed him......

Not saying RSC will become immortal all of a sudden, just that you never know, his latest op might fix it all

The Fat el Hombre said:

The fee is for £10 million, supposedly. I think he's a good addition at that price.

If he says fit then yes it could be a good addition for that price.

The Fat el Hombre said:

That's a good deal for City.
Mmm, looks like we are not going to be taken as fools.

I wonder if BFS feels like a twat now?

if we are getting him for £10 mill its a quality signing. the only worry about him is his injury record but he is a very good player. to those knocking him ask yourselves why bayern hung onto for 8 years despite all his injury problems. he was always rated very highly over there it just never worked out for him. will be a top player if he can stay injury free

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.