RSC out (of the club - not a new injury)

Re: RSC out

Parksidecity said:
I thought most of our play went through him. Did ok for me

easy to say shite , just coz he didnt score

i took their defenders away and made space

bigger picture lads

good post mate, one of very few considered and accurate posts on here tonight.

"Holding the ball up". People are always going on about this. If a team plays plays passing football out of defence, what use is it?

Stoke need someone to hold the ball up. Blackburn need someone to hold the ball up.

But are there any successful sides who depend upon a big man 'holding the ball up'?

I thought he was shit! I didn't even noticed him playing for the first half hour!

wait for it...

mammutly said:
"Holding the ball up". People are always going on about this. If a team plays plays passing football out of defence, what use is it?

Stoke need someone to hold the ball up. Blackburn need someone to hold the ball up.

But are there any successful sides who depend upon a big man 'holding the ball up'?

Chelsea, Barca, probably two of the three best teams in the world at the minute.

He is very rusty in front of goal, but i thought his link up play was pretty good, the cross from the right thing is what everybody will remember though.
we certainly improved after he came on.

I rather have Gary Neville playing for us up front than RSC.... there I said it!

*raises shield*

Well, after the OP and a couple of lemmings joining in the baiting it seems like the forum adopted a respectable tone with a bit of back up for RSC.
The boy did well today.

I'm not his biggest fan but I thought he was 1 of only about 3 or 4 of our side to come out of todays game with any credit. Shame about his attempt on goal and the 'cross', other than that he won plenty in the air (Tev's reading of the game was appauling, should have had some of RSC's flickons) and wasn't bad with the ball at his feet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.