Rugby League thread

the standard is going down in general as the salary cap is too low to bring top rate nrl stars unless you get a situation like barba.they need to up it by 50% and trust the clubs to manage it responsibly.
I’ve said this for a while. The Salary Cap is two decades out of date!

Also that clubs with money should be encouraged to give clubs lower down healthy transfer fees for players because over the years there has been a culture within the sport where players just honour their contracts and leave on frees at the end of them. That’s dangerous because there’s not enough money washing around the sport. The sport needs to become much more business savvy.

Better marketing, allow the richer clubs to spend (to a certain extent, nothing ridiculous), allow for a larger salary cap or more [certain] players to be exempt from it, a structure to keep for decades not just three years, a proper international calendar to include Tonga Samoa Fiji PNG Wales and France, more money put into a schools’ training project rather than rely on the same old junior clubs... etc.

But still, there are better teams than Wire not making that push that Wire have kept trying to do in being a new name on the SL trophy. Fair enough from 2010-2013 we had a really cracking side and should have won one really. But since then we’ve gone downhill quite alarmingly but we’ve still made four of the last six finals and finished fourth and 1st with poor halfbacks and a poor back row. Hull and Cas have had better sides than us over the last 3-5 years but we’ve still been more consistent than them at getting to finals and finishing high up even with finishing in the bottom four last season.

But fair play to Wigan, Wane built a really strong side and it’s a shame for the sport as a whole that it’s now being broken up and that coke head, student beating, drunk driving, homophobe is going there... although it’ll be funny for non-Pies every now and then.

Really strange that 40 minutes after full time, Hull FC’s website, Salford’s website, SKY, the BBC nor anywhere else on the internet have reported the final score,

They even spoke on SKY after Wigan v Warrington about “if Hull FC win”.

Really strange that 40 minutes after full time, Hull FC’s website, Salford’s website, SKY, the BBC nor anywhere else on the internet have reported the final score,

They even spoke on SKY after Wigan v Warrington about “if Hull FC win”.

Hull are playing tomorrow. Be 2nd if they win.

Grew up on rugby league at school and combined watching Swinton with watching City, went all over the North of England for a few years, Workington, Featherstone, Batley, etc. Even followed Fulham R.L. in the early '80s. But I haven't cared for it since it became a summer sport with scores like in basketball games, and Swinton of course barely exist now - R.I.P. Albert Blan.

Whatever odds St Helens are next week in the final, lump on! Warrington are wank currently. I’d say it will be 20 plus points win.

To be fair to Wire, they are suffering with injuries. However, even with a full team, you would have to prefer Saints as they are currently the best side in SL by a distance. I'll be surprised if Saints' winning margin is less than 16.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.