Rugby World Cup 2023

Argentina were absymal but Ford steered England to a fine win in the circumstances.
He has always been the best 10 in England, hugely better than Farrell or that joker Smith will ever be.
Playing like that wont get you results against the better sides but kudos to England for grinding out the win.
I think the Curry decision was correct, even though it was unintentional, he has a duty of care to the opposing player in that situation.
The other decision with the Argie player was wrong imo, there was malice imo in him turning his hip to take the impact, should have been sent off.
The refs thus far have been appalling, its a huge, ongoing problem for Union. Refs arent reffing what they see, rather, what they perceive. The top sides are constantly offside & nothing is done to stop it, its almost like the refs are starstruck, makes the game for the lesser nations doubly difficult as they are penalised for the same things the top sides get away with & if they mouth off about it they are marched back 10 metres or carded.
Looking forward to playing Fiji today, usually good games and we could end up being torn to shreds but i have a sneaky feeling we will grind them down and come out with a win....famous last words ha
I think the anti Farrell media storm was calculating in terms of encouraging more decisions to go against England. We can be our own worst enemies too and Farrell shouldn’t be selected if he hasn’t got a lawful tackle technique. Ford offers better options as the lead play maker.

The rugby Union media is tedious with its “English arrogance” agenda. They should be reporting on a great festival of sport.

I’m looking for ward to an exciting tournament. I hope Ireland do themselves justice by bringing their A game to this tournament. Ireland have nothing to fear from what I’ve seen. Only French home advantage, possibly.

Last edited:
Needs to be delegated tbf, a touch judge in line looking one way from the side and the ref looking the other from the ball area, impossible for a ref to watch a ruck and check both ways for offside infringements.
Not sure it's being ignored though, we were pulled a number of times against Romania.

There are usually one or two, plus the usual ones near a goalline.

There always seem to be ones in midfield when players look to be clearly off.

I agree - it would need to be more than just the ref. I'm not sure what touch judges call.

Chile looking well drilled so far although losing, are they the ones who all play for the same club?

Ireland Flat Track Bullies I wouldn't say that we beat N Zealand in a Test series away from home beat everyone we have played we have a strong squad. Saying that the group we are in is the hardest and the side of the draw most difficult. 1 of England or Australia could make the Quarter Finals even Semi Finals. One of Scotland Ireland or South Africa are out at the pool stage. One of France I reland or New Zealand are out at the Quarter final stage if it was done by World rankings this year those teams would be on opposite sides of the draw you would want 3 of those teams in the semi finals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.