Rugby World Cup 2023

Argentina were absymal but Ford steered England to a fine win in the circumstances.
He has always been the best 10 in England, hugely better than Farrell or that joker Smith will ever be.
Playing like that wont get you results against the better sides but kudos to England for grinding out the win.
I think the Curry decision was correct, even though it was unintentional, he has a duty of care to the opposing player in that situation.
The other decision with the Argie player was wrong imo, there was malice imo in him turning his hip to take the impact, should have been sent off.
The refs thus far have been appalling, its a huge, ongoing problem for Union. Refs arent reffing what they see, rather, what they perceive. The top sides are constantly offside & nothing is done to stop it, its almost like the refs are starstruck, makes the game for the lesser nations doubly difficult as they are penalised for the same things the top sides get away with & if they mouth off about it they are marched back 10 metres or carded.
Looking forward to playing Fiji today, usually good games and we could end up being torn to shreds but i have a sneaky feeling we will grind them down and come out with a win....famous last words ha

... if they mouth off about it they are marched back 10 metres or carded...
Even if the refs are making mistakes, the fact that players can't complain is great imo.

I wish football was the same.

If the refs are doing things wrong they should be questioned after the game because there is nothing to be gained by doing it in the game.

Is there grounds to appeal that sending off?

It seemed incredibly harsh,even bizarre.....that he got his marching orders for what appeared an accidental clash of heads.

There will be a hearing to decide if any further penalty is issued, such as a suspension. It's possible that no more will be given.

I think he'll get one match at least though, as they need a baseline for any future incidents during the tournament.

Looking forward to playing Fiji today, usually good games and we could end up being torn to shreds but i have a sneaky feeling we will grind them down and come out with a win....famous last words ha
Should be a tough game for Wales, Fiji have been very good recently, only France have beaten them and they gave France a good game.

It was hard to decide who clashed heads into who given both players seemed to go into each other. Player safety has to be paramount but there has to be some latitude for a genuine accidental collision. It must be difficult to tackle low when the opponent has jumped for the ball and is leaning forward.

It's the tackler's responsibility - that's it.
In this case, the Arg player had jumped and had to be allowed to land - as happened.
Curry then hit him from behind (which is fine) but his impact caused the head clash (based on the first line above).
His options were either to pause a little longer before the tackle (and possible hold and pull backwards rather than try to stop forward momentum), or to bend and hit more horizontally with the shoulder in the middle of the back.

Interesting that Chris Ashton on Radio 5 has apparently said that you have to hold back briefly - it's not worth the risk.

Argentina were absymal but Ford steered England to a fine win in the circumstances.
He has always been the best 10 in England, hugely better than Farrell or that joker Smith will ever be.
Playing like that wont get you results against the better sides but kudos to England for grinding out the win.
I think the Curry decision was correct, even though it was unintentional, he has a duty of care to the opposing player in that situation.
The other decision with the Argie player was wrong imo, there was malice imo in him turning his hip to take the impact, should have been sent off.
The refs thus far have been appalling, its a huge, ongoing problem for Union. Refs arent reffing what they see, rather, what they perceive. The top sides are constantly offside & nothing is done to stop it, its almost like the refs are starstruck, makes the game for the lesser nations doubly difficult as they are penalised for the same things the top sides get away with & if they mouth off about it they are marched back 10 metres or carded.

Offsides have been ignored for years! A crackdown would sort it out, but it's difficult for the ref to watch all the players at all times.

It was interesting to see the French penalised because a chaser was in front of the kicker at kick-off - that's allowed to happen too much in the past.

Steady on, for now we're just hoping SA and our Scottish brethren kick the living fuck out of each other later today. Have put a few quid on Scotland looking at the Southern Hemisphere performance so far.
I would love to see Scotland pull off a surprise win.

It's the tackler's responsibility - that's it.
In this case, the Arg player had jumped and had to be allowed to land - as happened.
Curry then hit him from behind (which is fine) but his impact caused the head clash (based on the first line above).
His options were either to pause a little longer before the tackle (and possible hold and pull backwards rather than try to stop forward momentum), or to bend and hit more horizontally with the shoulder in the middle of the back.

Interesting that Chris Ashton on Radio 5 has apparently said that you have to hold back briefly - it's not worth the risk.
I agree with Chris Ashton, under the current rules. I think the tackler has to retreat. That gives the opposition momentum but I think that’s what the authorities want, alongside improved player safety. If the defender just pauses then he probably gets run over by the attacker.

Offsides have been ignored for years! A crackdown would sort it out, but it's difficult for the ref to watch all the players at all times.
Needs to be delegated tbf, a touch judge in line looking one way from the side and the ref looking the other from the ball area, impossible for a ref to watch a ruck and check both ways for offside infringements.
Not sure it's being ignored though, we were pulled a number of times against Romania.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.