Rugby World Cup 2023

Not sure but they generally bring on about 20 subs.
I was watching one of the matches at the weekend and one team had used all their subs. One got injured and so they brought back on one if the original starters.
Was like watching the Miami Dolphins.
Probably a blood or concussion replacement.

The number of subs does change the game a lot. Football will go that way with “finishers” no doubt.

Yeah, now do Haaland or Rodri.

How do you think Nottingham Forest's tactics will change if Haaland is out?

Do you think Steve Cooper is going to go "Oh actually lads, they've just announced there's no Haaland, we're not parking the bus anymore, it's possession based football now!"

99.9% of a team's preparation is down to taking care of their own football, then the tactics of the opposition, and maybe a tiny bit of thought will go to 1v1 match ups. The truth is lineups could be announced 3 days before and it wouldn't make any difference - and we know that because England have been leaking their lineups 2 days eraly for 20 years and not once has an opposition coach or player mentioned that they adjusted their build up to the match because of it.

I think you’re confusing me with Steve Cooper.

I’ve noted that you don’t think it makes any difference. Thanks for replying. I’ll wait to see what other say. Cheers.

Do you think Steve Cooper is going to go "Oh actually lads, they've just announced there's no Haaland, we're not parking the bus anymore, it's possession based football now!"

99.9% of a team's preparation is down to taking care of their own football, then the tactics of the opposition, and maybe a tiny bit of thought will go to 1v1 match ups. The truth is lineups could be announced 3 days before and it wouldn't make any difference - and we know that because England have been leaking their lineups 2 days eraly for 20 years and not once has an opposition coach or player mentioned that they adjusted their build up to the match because of it.
You’ve done your shitty editing of your post thing to add loads more to warp the timeline of people reading afterwards.

I know their side of the draw is much harder but the fact Ireland and Scotland were absolutely fucking shit at the last world cup , hence the draw, isn't anyone else's fault but their own.

Sad if Dupont is out of this world cup, it'd be like Messi or Maradona missing their world cups through foul play
I reckon Dupont will be back for the quarters or semis (if they get they far). It was a poor “tackle” and pretty much from the blind side, based on one viewing. I hope Dupont makes a swift and full recovery.

I reckon Dupont will be back for the quarters or semis (if they get they far). It was a poor “tackle” and pretty much from the blind side, based on one viewing. I hope Dupont makes a swift and full recovery.
Definitely out of the quarters regardless and if it's a full fracture he's out of the tournament altogether I reckon.
It's not as simple as just covering the damage and playing through, he won't be able to eat or train properly for at least 5-6 weeks with a full fracture.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.