Rugby World Cup 2023

I was convinced Ireland had peaked too soon like usual.
Bu I openly admit I know sod all really when it comes to Rugby.
Love watching it, but it’s not a game I’ve ever played, so don’t claim to have the in depth understanding of it.

But I do think looking at the way the groups are set up, that the presumption that the winners will come from our side of the draw might not be a foregone conclusion.
There will be some really hard matches no matter who gets through. Wars of attrition like last night. It may well come down to injuries and who’s fit.
Wales and England sailing through could be a big advantage.

Who knows?

Ireland, South Africa and France are still the best teams by a margin.

Fiji vs England would be a very interesting game, I’d quite fancy Fiji to win that.

Coaching in Australia in general, taking a pasting from Matt Williams.
Eddie Jones getting plenty of criticism, but the whole education of coaching for young players taking the brunt of it.
The man is gutted but he’s not pulling punches about RU in Australia.

Why has rugby union fallen so far down the sports pecking order in Australia?

As far as I know, it's always been that way, or for a long time now anyway.

Aussie Rules is top. Cricket and rugby league are next (RL is very regional, just as here). Union isn't played in much of the country - there are only 5 teams in the Aus/NZ/Fiji competition, and they're in the cities/capital. I don't think either rugby code have much presence in South Australia (Adelaide).

ARL has loads of teams in Melbourne (Victoria).

As far as I know, it's always been that way, or for a long time now anyway.

Aussie Rules is top. Cricket and rugby league are next (RL is very regional, just as here). Union isn't played in much of the country - there are only 5 teams in the Aus/NZ/Fiji competition, and they're in the cities/capital. I don't think either rugby code have much presence in South Australia (Adelaide).

ARL has loads of teams in Melbourne (Victoria).
I thought cricket was top as it was the only sport that united them all.

Uruguay and Italy both would have liked to be on the other side of the draw I reckon. No hopers in that group but they could have ruffled a few feathers in C or D. Italy have done what they should based on rankings so far but the All Blacks will beat them.
Australia lose tonight without a bonus point and are as good as out is my prediction, they're shockingly bad. I know their emphasis is seemingly on league but I thought they'd pull something together for a world cup.
Called it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.