Rule Changes | EFL & PL | 2023/24

That wouldn’t require a law change. That would just require referees to be instructed to comply with the law as it’s always been.

In fact, not only are players supposed to be cautioned for running in front of the ball. They should be if they don’t “immediately retreat 10 yards” on the awarding of a free kick to the opposition.
Thanks for that.
It really annoys the sh#t out of me.
The waggling of legs to stop the ball.

How on earth is faking an injury easy to prove?

Because they hold their head when the impact was nowhere near the head or even sometimes there's no impact at all. Very easy with VAR. seen it loads of times usually when we're putting teams under pressure

Thanks for that.
It really annoys the sh#t out of me.
The waggling of legs to stop the ball.

There was a little phase, maybe 20 years ago now, where players would deliberately kick the ball against an opponent who was blocking a free kick being taken and the referee would caution them.

All the pundits were outraged that a player was deliberately getting a fellow pro booked. Not one word on the fact the player shouldn’t have been there to start with.

I was hoping it would become that commonplace that players eventually stopped standing on the ball like that, as they knew it was going to lead to a booking.

But the phase passed and everyone carried on doing it.

I wondered at the time whether managers told their players to stop kicking it against them, as they’d prefer their own option of a quick free kick removed, in return for them being able to carry on doing it when the roles were reversed.

Watching Wednesday v Saints. Commentator said stadium clocks will NOT stop at 45 & 90 mins now. Clocks will continue running to show time added on. So fans will know exactly what min of time added has elapsed. Interesting!

Christ there's going to be some seriously late nights in the midweek games if the injury time in this Wednesday-Southampton match is anything to go by.

Wasn’t watching it really closely but didn’t notice a single bit of obvious time wasting. Saw the trainers on once. No VAR stoppages obviously and only one late sub by Southampton after they scored the winner.

. And 16 minutes added on over the two halves.

If that’s the benchmark, could easily be looking at half an hour added on in a tetchy game with a load of stoppages.

Wasn’t watching it really closely but didn’t notice a single bit of obvious time wasting. Saw the trainers on once. No VAR stoppages obviously and only one late sub by Southampton after they scored the winner.

. And 16 minutes added on over the two halves.

If that’s the benchmark, could easily be looking at half an hour added on in a tetchy game with a load of stoppages.
We would still be watching that Everton game now if it had come in last season
I wonder what the early leavers will do now!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.