Rule Changes | EFL & PL | 2023/24

I presume all clubs were told of the new rules some weeks ago. I also presume its why the rags made Rat Boy II captain.

What worries me is like when Raz was penalised for holding an attacker at a corner. Our first match of the season, it was a new rule and a penalty was given.
That was the only time that rule was enforced all season.
Klopp will still have free reign and the rags will still surround the ref.

what i cannot understand is why they insist on the ref being the timekeeper, why not have someone independently do it and stop the clock when necessary and it would be available for all to see with no need for interpretation.

So they can rig it, same reason they don't mic the referees up or make them explain their decisions after the game.

There's new off side 'interpretation' that should really help us. That will be the biggest change.
Do you have a link?

Wasn’t mentioned in the Sky Sports changes review and haven’t yet seen it.

5 has been around for a few seasons , we have been penalised for a couple of players approaching a ref more than is fair considering what the red shirts do , their whole team harrass refs and tell them and the linesman to fuck off routinely

3 means more cards for eddie than even before despite us playing slowly out of the back
Yeah, supposedly they’ve specifically now written in the rules that anymore than one player is immediately a yellow card (rather than leaving it to the discretion of the ref).

But we’ll see if it is applied to *all* teams…

Don't like number 4. Sounds like carte blanche for defenders to use the technique they developed at the end of last season against Haaland. Basically wrap him up in a rugby tackle.
Haaland won't mind being able to use his strength to the edges of the rules.

But I can also see situations like last year at Liverpool, where the ref was relaxed right up to the point where it actually made a difference and a goal was scored. If they allow more contact, then need to have the confidence to let it affect big decisions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.