Rule Changes | EFL & PL | 2023/24

It's being 'tested'. I'm assuming it might nude the refs to be more lenient even if this isn't fully adopted.

Jesus, lets get whacking hairspray on Erling's mane so he has a metre long 'keep onside ponytail ™' sticking out the back of his bonce

what i cannot understand is why they insist on the ref being the timekeeper, why not have someone independently do it and stop the clock when necessary and it would be available for all to see with no need for interpretation.
Don’t be silly it’s cos they can manipulate how many more minutes for certain clubs to score.

I've not seen the changes to.the laws of the game for the upcoming season but surely they have to do something in relation to the ludicrous handball rules leading to even more ludicrous penalties ( see Jack Grealish in the FA cup final)

what i cannot understand is why they insist on the ref being the timekeeper, why not have someone independently do it and stop the clock when necessary and it would be available for all to see with no need for interpretation.

The usual answer to questions like this is that the laws of the game apply to all games of football at all levels and they’re against any changes that can’t be equally applied at all levels.

It's being 'tested'. I'm assuming it might nude the refs to be more lenient even if this isn't fully adopted.
Ahh, I knew about the tests. I am doubtful the PL ever actually adopt it, though. Same as they’re differing application of VAR and handball rules compared to IFAB guidelines and norms in other leagues.

What worries me is like when Raz was penalised for holding an attacker at a corner. Our first match of the season, it was a new rule and a penalty was given.
That was the only time that rule was enforced all season.
We got a penalty for the same thing in that game too so it evened out. Was never applied again though.

I've not seen the changes to.the laws of the game for the upcoming season but surely they have to do something in relation to the ludicrous handball rules leading to even more ludicrous penalties ( see Jack Grealish in the FA cup final)
There was nothing in the rules last year to justify that penalty being given, they just bent them beyond breaking point to allow it. Same with the Rashford/Fernandes offside goal, there is nothing in the rules that could ever justify that being given as a goal without some seriously disingenuous manipulation of ambiguous wording.

Just watched it on Sky.
Clamping down on time wasting.
The average ball-in-play in the Premier League was 55mins last season and they confirmed it will be rare this season if a pemier league game finishes before the 100th minute.

Which means all the early leavers which go around 75mins will be home before the game has ended.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.