Rule Changes | EFL & PL | 2023/24

Indeed. Sly have been in charge of the game since the Prem began, which is why the bastard rags are allowed to do whatever the fuck they want.
At first I wondered why, at the kick off, the referee having checked with his linesmen, 4th official and his watch, waited. Then I realised, he was waiting for sky to signal he could go ahead they were back from the adverts.
Can you imagine a team wasting time in the fist half and 10-15 minutes is added on, sky would go ballistic.

There's new off side 'interpretation' that should really help us. That will be the biggest change.
iIf it's ever adopted (and I think thats a big if) how does it change anything? all it has done is move the VAR line, it doesn't mean the VAR offside calls will be any clearer or less controversial.

The only way to have any clarity on offside is to limit the interpretation of it, and the best way I can see to do that is to restrict it to a players feet, get rid of the bollox about any part of the body that can score a goal

So apparently over the last season VAR benefited the rags and Liverpool, they were top 2, City were 4th from bottom...I've not seen this, anyone got the evidence??

So apparently over the last season VAR benefited the rags and Liverpool, they were top 2, City were 4th from bottom...I've not seen this, anyone got the evidence??
According to ESPN’s yearly VAR Net Score tracking, we’re actually joint bottom with Brighton on -4, whilst Liverpool are joint second with Fulham on +5. Supposedly United are dead middle as one of three clubs with 0 net point difference, the others being Chelsea and Everton.

But this is just the VAR review outcomes, not an assessment of whether they (or the ref, when it didn’t go to VAR) were correct in their decisions.

For example, the ludicrous Rashford/Fernandes offside goal is not included in the net tally.

If incidents like that were actually included I reckon we, Leeds, Brighton, and Wolves would take the ranking to new depths and United, Liverpool, and Arsenal would take it to new heights.

Probably a discussion for the VAR thread, though.

Wait a minute… now officials must keep track of how long the ball is out of play?
So what in the giddy fuck were they doing before? Ah, that’s right, of course, they just fucking made it up. “Hmm feels like 5 minutes today lads.”

We all knew this but I never thought they would admit to it out loud… but there we go.

I’m broadly supportive of all of these provided they are applied equally and consistently, and as many have pointed out, aren’t just ditched two weeks into the season.

While #4 will worry some on here and we likely will come off worse, I think it’s good. Get rid of these stop start games full of niggly tackles. Some players crumple like deck chairs these days when they get so much as breathed on and it ruins some games. I don’t want to see any player going down unless he is tripped or forced to the ground.

What simple,low cost/no cost,comonsense rule to benefit the game and fan experience, would you like to see introduced this season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.