Rule Changes | EFL & PL | 2023/24

We would still be watching that Everton game now if it had come in last season
I wonder what the early leavers will do now!

Just seen watching the chit chat that the Sheff. Wed. Goalie was booked after 28 minutes while they were getting beat, for taking too long over a goal kick.

A mixed bag. If we have our own phyiscal players, we can give them a taste of their own medicine,providing Pep does give the team instructions to do so. If it does reduces time wasting then that isn't a bad thing (although it is down to referee to consistently apply the law). The only issue for me is consistency.

A mixed bag. If we have our own phyiscal players, we can give them a taste of their own medicine,providing Pep does give the team instructions to do so. If it does reduces time wasting then that isn't a bad thing (although it is down to referee to consistently apply the law). The only issue for me is consistency.
It will be inconsistent as usual. Depending on the ref applying the rules or not wanting to "damage the product"

Do you remember the third season (?) of the premier League when refs were told to follow the latter of the law and be more strict? It was scrapped after a dozen games because sky complained early red cards were ruining the game for TV.

The World Cup started this anti time wasting rule which I think is good because it might encourage teams to think more carefully about how they approach games.

The best way to control the game is by having the ball as much as possible something every opposition team that we play against don't understand and resort to anti football tactics.

I don't get why FIFA didn't just do the Rugby method and stop the clock when the ball isn't in play which will stop all the unnecessary time wasting.

what i cannot understand is why they insist on the ref being the timekeeper, why not have someone independently do it and stop the clock when necessary and it would be available for all to see with no need for interpretation.
Only problem with that is wilful timewasting.. fook me the rags fergie time will be 20 mins.

A total of 15mins was added last nights game be interested if we are 4-0 up they add anything more than 3 because referees seem to feel sorry for the opponents

When will these new rules regarding " approaching / crowding the ref " when Fernandes is screaming obscenities at the officials accompanied by half of the rags team, be implemented ?

Another crock of shit which will never punish the real offenders in the game.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.