Rumour......

schumey04 said:
looking at it now it looks more and more like Torres. SWP is definitely out looks like Ireland is as well and now the rumours re Ade are abound. Liverpool are linked with Van De Vaart and Benzema which I personally think is a better deal but wouldnt say no to Torres but dont think his heart would be in it.

You started a thread claiming to have a wonderful source but speculate in it ten pages later? Another fake...

There are no deals in place for any players, certainly which haven't been reported on; the club are leaving it to the summer to sort that side out. The work going on behind the scenes has been to get a stable structure in place for seven or eight years. This includes Arrigo Sacchi and Peter Kenyon. Liverpool turned us away on Torres in January, as Madrid did for Kaka... those are the only astronomical players we've made links with recently and I imagine we'll be back in for them again this summer though nothing is concrete and will probably fail anyway.

Xavvi said:
schumey04 said:
looking at it now it looks more and more like Torres. SWP is definitely out looks like Ireland is as well and now the rumours re Ade are abound. Liverpool are linked with Van De Vaart and Benzema which I personally think is a better deal but wouldnt say no to Torres but dont think his heart would be in it.

You started a thread claiming to have a wonderful source but speculate in it ten pages later? Another fake...

There are no deals in place for any players, certainly which haven't been reported on; the club are leaving it to the summer to sort that side out. The work going on behind the scenes has been to get a stable structure in place for seven or eight years. This includes Arrigo Sacchi and Peter Kenyon. Liverpool turned us away on Torres in January, as Madrid did for Kaka... those are the only astronomical players we've made links with recently and I imagine we'll be back in for them again this summer though nothing is concrete and will probably fail anyway.

Im speculating on who we are signing not whether we have have signed or not as per my post. I know we have agreed a transfer but who it is I dont know thats why i put ''any suggestions?'' at the end. It looks more and more like Torres because other sources seem to be pointing that way, but you probably have better sources than me, we'll see whos right in the summer.

Xavvi said:
schumey04 said:

Wtf!? Details?

schumey04 said:
Xavvi said:

Im speculating on who we are signing not whether we have have signed or not as per my post. I know we have agreed a transfer but who it is I dont know thats why i put ''any suggestions?'' at the end. It looks more and more like Torres because other sources seem to be pointing that way, but you probably have better sources than me, we'll see whos right in the summer.

Sorry for sounding short, you seem genuine enough.

We've agreed Boateng but nothing for a world record fee, that much I can promise you mate. I'd be surprised to see £80m go into the club anyway.<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:46 pm --<br /><br />
sam221985 said:
Xavvi said:

Wtf!? Details?

Kenyon has been on the agenda for ages. He was first approached when Cook screwed up the Kaka deal (don't believe that it was Milan's fault) and the club arranged more meetings when the Terry deal fell through... Everyone at Eastlands had been told it was done only for Cook to drag his feet over things.

Sacchi is wanted as our sporting director and should come in sooner rather than later. He spoke to the club a few weeks back and was keen to come in. If, for whatever reason, this falls through then expect Monchi Rodriguez. Khaldoon, who is NOT leaving, despite what some people believe, wants a stable structure and a sporting director is a big part of that.

It's all second hand info but I'm not bullshitting you.

Ex-Chelsea and Manchester United chief Peter Kenyon lands expert Lines in Hollywood

Last updated at 12:05 AM on 22nd April 2010

Former Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon was responsible for persuading top Premier League executive Phil Lines to leave the organisation after his work on the £1billion-plus overseas TV rights deal helped win a Queen's Award for International Trade.

Lines is joining Kenyon in his long-term ambition of establishing a global sports industry business for Hollywood film giants Creative Artists Agency, whose US sports arm has built connections with marquee footballers Cristiano Ronaldo and David Beckham as well as a roster of American sports stars.
New venture: Ex-Chelsea and Manchester United chief Peter Kenyon

New venture: Ex-Chelsea and Manchester United chief Peter Kenyon

Kenyon has been given a blank canvas and plenty of financial muscle to examine all opportunities for CAA, from event management to player representation. The arrival of media expert Lines points to the sports TV rights market being a targeted area and he will certainly know what is worth investing in after his Premier League experience.

Lines said: 'It needed to be something special to part company with the Premier League and Peter's great enthusiasm sold me the project. Neither of us are in this for a quick flop. We want to build a substantial business.'

Don't think Mr Kenyon will be coming to our club

Surely it cant be this

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.clubcall.com/manchester-city/di-maria-done-city-set-world-record-deal-1058761.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.clubcall.com/manchester-city ... 58761.html</a>

Xavvi said:
schumey04 said:

Sorry for sounding short, you seem genuine enough.

We've agreed Boateng but nothing for a world record fee, that much I can promise you mate. I'd be surprised to see £80m go into the club anyway.

-- Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:46 pm --

sam221985 said:
Wtf!? Details?

Kenyon has been on the agenda for ages. He was first approached when Cook screwed up the Kaka deal (don't believe that it was Milan's fault) and the club arranged more meetings when the Terry deal fell through... Everyone at Eastlands had been told it was done only for Cook to drag his feet over things.

Sacchi is wanted as our sporting director and should come in sooner rather than later. He spoke to the club a few weeks back and was keen to come in. If, for whatever reason, this falls through then expect Monchi Rodriguez. Khaldoon, who is NOT leaving, despite what some people believe, wants a stable structure and a sporting director is a big part of that.

It's all second hand info but I'm not bullshitting you.

Not sure about saachi for the long term given his age.Monchi rodriguez given what he has achieved at Seville would be interesting if there is any truth in it.Would that leave Brian Marwood following Gary Cook out of the door with his P45?<br /><br />-- Wed May 05, 2010 1:54 pm --<br /><br /><a class="postlink" href="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/94729-the-mastery-of-monchi-the-power-behind-sevillas-throne" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bleacherreport.com/articles/9472 ... las-throne</a>

Interesting article on Monchi Rodriguez.Imagine mixing that scouting network with the sheikhs brass.

The idea of getting somebody like Sacchi or Rodriguez in really appeals to me as I have always worried that we lack a defined 'project' on the field, like we seem to have off it, other than the rather vague instruction of go and win something.

A top quality sporting director allows us to plan a transfer strategy irrespective of who the current manager is which should lead to avoiding having to undertake a wholesale rebuilding of the squad every time we change manager. Of course for this to work though the sporting director need to really be given the reigns to run the club in his image and this means the power to hire and fire managers etc, because its no good brining in a Rodriguez to sign the players if the Sheiks mate Bobby is going to be in charge and have a totally different footballing approach in mind.

Another decent piece on Sevilla and Monchi here from the BBC a couple of months back: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/philminshull/2010/02/sevilla_now_start_to_get_serio.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/philminshull ... serio.html</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.