Running thread

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2991639/

https://bjsm.bmj.com/content/53/10/655

Sprint training is a form of High Intensity Interval Training. Working at 100% in a series of short sets sets will see you work harder for longer than a moderate pace longer exercise session.

https://www.healthyfood.co.uk/article/ultimate-fat-burner-hiit/
Cool - I will have a read.

I am aware of the benefits of HIIT including the afterburn effect. I will read the articles to weigh up the evidence. I'm wondering how an interval session of, say, 10 x 400m or 4 x 4-minute repeats compares to my weekend 3-hour LSR in terms of fat loss.

Just had an email through saying I can get a Manchester Marathon today got a couple a questions though...

We are due to play Liverpool that weekend will the game be on the Saturday or do they have them on the same time?

Is it possible to do it without doing a half marathon or is it just hard work from here?

Just had an email through saying I can get a Manchester Marathon today got a couple a questions though...

We are due to play Liverpool that weekend will the game be on the Saturday or do they have them on the same time?

Is it possible to do it without doing a half marathon or is it just hard work from here?

Fuck knows about the game, Sky will most likely move it until the Sunday.

As BH85 says you'll need to be at least up to 16 miles, i'd personally say 20. I'm on that too, hadn't looked at the fixtures yet, last year was the Derby the day before, running slightly hungover isn't the best way to do a Marathon............

Ive ran Manchester Marathon twice ,having joined a local running club 5 years ago.
Id recommend a minimum of 16 weeks training including 2 runs of at least 18 miles and 1 of 20+
Lots of training plans in Runners world etc
Id also look to do a half mara as part of your training maybe 4/5 weeks before so you can test your kit/gels etc

It's a big step up from half marathon to full marathon as the infamous 'wall' tends to hit when you get to 18+ miles (as the body's store of glycogen is used up). Doing training runs in that range (18-20 miles) can help acclimatise the body to going through that point and you'll have an easier time of it on the day. but don't do what I did on my first one and go off too fast - I paid for it from mile 22 onwards!

As others have said, there are plenty of training plans out there so find one that works for you and try to stick to it.

Ive ran Manchester Marathon twice ,having joined a local running club 5 years ago.
Id recommend a minimum of 16 weeks training including 2 runs of at least 18 miles and 1 of 20+
Lots of training plans in Runners world etc
Id also look to do a half mara as part of your training maybe 4/5 weeks before so you can test your kit/gels etc
I'd agree with all of this

Cheers for the advice lads!

Surely the Liverpool game will be on the Saturday? The Derby was 2 years ago the same time!? If not I suppose its motivation to do it in 4 and half hours to get to the game.

Cheers for the advice lads!

Surely the Liverpool game will be on the Saturday? The Derby was 2 years ago the same time!? If not I suppose its motivation to do it in 4 and half hours to get to the game.
Definitely Sunday or Monday IMO

Park run on saturday, dropped 24 secs from last weeks time so down to 21.05

My splits were 3:58, 4:02 and then after the hill I fell away to circa 4:20s with the last 1.5 being torturous.

Defo helped doing a longer run in the middle of the week (12k). Will keep an eye on my diet this week a couple more runs, swim and hopefully break 21 minutes this weekend.

Any decent, fast park runs in Greater Manchester as hoping to do one on the 28th?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.