Running thread

How do any of you guys cope with injury?

Ran Dublin half marathon a couple of weeks ago (PB 1 hour 36 mins!) and have aggravated my achilles tendon. Haven't run for 2 weeks almost and another to go, going stir crazy!!

How do any of you guys cope with injury?

Ran Dublin half marathon a couple of weeks ago (PB 1 hour 36 mins!) and have aggravated my achilles tendon. Haven't run for 2 weeks almost and another to go, going stir crazy!!

I use ice on my achilles if they're playing up, load of it in cold water in a bucket and sit with me feet in for ten minutes. Also occasionally have a cold water bath plus do regular stretching, have a foam roller for my Calf and Soleus muscles, sit and roll my legs on it to help stretch them out.

https://breakingmuscle.com/fitness/what-is-a-foam-roller-how-do-i-use-it-and-why-does-it-hurt

Can get them fro Amazon.

Worth a go mate.

Oh, great time by the way, wish i could get down to that, 1:45 is my half marathon PB.

Nottingham half marathon booked up for next month
Way to go mate. Good to see your still running.
I've got my mojo back and am running salford 10k in a few weeks and manchester half in october.
I seen your times earlier and we stll the sameish for each distance !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.