Running thread

Just finished roughly sane as last week based on my timing so hopefully quicker on official time. 24.58 on my timer. How about you @inchy14 @worsleyweb ?

Didn’t do park run this morning mate, went out and did 22 miles on the bike (1:30) then ran 10k (48:45)

Was originally going to do 30 on the bike then Heaton Park Park Run but got a puncture so had to finish the bike earlier than planned.

Next week will hopefully go to plan.

As for starting off from scratch, I’d suggest 2-3 miles to begin with, find what’s a comfortable pace then build from there. I certainly wouldn’t be splashing out on expensive trainers, I just get what ever is cheap in the Nike outlet store.
Takes time to find your rhythm, vary your routes though, makes it much more enjoyable, add hills as they’ll help with speed too.

Sounds good. Normally do 5-6k so maybe do a shorter run! How long until
you reaped the benefits?

So that’s what, about a half hour run? Depending on route, i’d deffo do it for the last 15 mins if you can. In terms of benefits, I guess it depends how you measure, but I found in 10K runs & halfs I could respond to changes in pace from other runners, or if the road inclined. I also found it made me more robust in terms of not picking up injuries, but I can’t scientifically prove that. I’d say you’d get some benefit after about 6 weeks if you were doing it one run a week.

Is that for ParkRun? I used to do half marathons but nowadays just do ParkRuns plus some cycling, and the difference is massive. Previously do 3 runs a week: 10 mile, 6 mile and 3 miles, and the weight fell off. Now, only doing parkrun distance 2x week and a bike ride, none of that happens any more! I deffo need to get back to doing a 90 min run at least once a week.
Yes Park Run. I do a couple of 5-6 mile runs a week as well.

Didn’t do park run this morning mate, went out and did 22 miles on the bike (1:30) then ran 10k (48:45)

Was originally going to do 30 on the bike then Heaton Park Park Run but got a puncture so had to finish the bike earlier than planned.

Next week will hopefully go to plan.

As for starting off from scratch, I’d suggest 2-3 miles to begin with, find what’s a comfortable pace then build from there. I certainly wouldn’t be splashing out on expensive trainers, I just get what ever is cheap in the Nike outlet store.
Takes time to find your rhythm, vary your routes though, makes it much more enjoyable, add hills as they’ll help with speed too.
Still that’s a good intensive workout.

So that’s what, about a half hour run? Depending on route, i’d deffo do it for the last 15 mins if you can. In terms of benefits, I guess it depends how you measure, but I found in 10K runs & halfs I could respond to changes in pace from other runners, or if the road inclined. I also found it made me more robust in terms of not picking up injuries, but I can’t scientifically prove that. I’d say you’d get some benefit after about 6 weeks if you were doing it one run a week.
Cheers sorry meant 5-6 mile run twice a week.

As some of you may be aware i'm attempting my first ever Triathlon end of September.

I'm hoping to raise some funds for a friends charity who's son committed suicide last year aged only 24. The funds are being raised to help under privileged children learn to play musical instruments, something he was gifted at.

The Matthew Nicholls Foundation
The Matthew Nicholls Foundation has been set up by Matt’s parents, Rachel and Rob after Matt, aged 24, completely unexpectedly took his own life in July 2017. As a naturally gifted musician Matthew had the very best opportunities that enabled him to excel. The reality though for many children is wildly different. Even if they are inherently gifted, this talent can easily go to waste if it is not identified and supported during those crucial early years. With educational challenges, we are in real danger of losing a generation of musicians. The Matthew Nicholls Foundation has been established to enable young people to develop their musical abilities. The Foundation believes that all young people should have the opportunity to foster musical understanding and skills for the benefit of themselves and the wider community. In particular the Foundation aims to support young people who have the motivation to further their skills but have significant financial and/or social difficulties that are a barrier to the further development of their musical abilities. We are working in collaboration with local services and professional music educationalists to ensure that young people with life challenges and musical potential benefit from money raised.

All donations no matter how small would be greatly appreciated.

Link below.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundrais...&utm_source=postoffice&utm_term=1534765375078

Thanks.

Inchy.

Did a 2.2mi run at the weekend and woke up this morning (attack the day mood n that) and went on a 2.5mi route. Hamstrings were still sore, and felt tired straight away, but felt alright a mile in. At the 1.7mi mark I was thinking about random stuff and my legs suddenly stopped. I wasn't out of breath, I didn't have pain in legs. They just stopped suddenly. Couldn't get going again, and didn't want to injure myself as I was sore beforehand and want to get out again soon. What is this phenomena and is it common? (Bar laziness lol)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.