Running thread

Running is a funny old game. Went out on Thursday and dragged my sorry ass round 6k. Nearly killed me and hurt like hell. Went out today and did 11k at the same speed and felt great.

It is, I can do a hilly park run 5k in just over 30 mins

but a cross trainer or treadmill in the gym. Always adds like nearly 15 mins to my time.

Got tagged in on instagram this morning so just done it, 5k in 23:24, happy with that as Victoria Avenue to finish in 3/4 of a mile climb...times definitely getting better. ...donated and tagged people in I want to suffer.

haha. Well done mate.

I know I have asked before but do we have any experts in trainers for running?

Generally, my knees don't hold up to much and wondering if the pressure can be taken off of them by buying the correct footwear (and whether you have to spend a fortune or not?).

Much obliged for any advice

Generally, my knees don't hold up to much and wondering if the pressure can be taken off of them by buying the correct footwear (and whether you have to spend a fortune or not?).

Personally, I just go for whichever dead stock Mike Ashley has got. Usually only 6/12 months behind the new stuff and a fraction of the price. I paid circa £40 for a pair of ASICS just before Xmas and they make a hell of a difference.

Depends how seriously you want to take it.

I would normally advise you to go to a running shop for gait analysis and expert advice, but you can't right now.

If you have had trainers that suited you, find out their characteristics, and go somewhere like Up and Running online. Find a similar shoe from their range.

My shoes split last week. I took a chance at Up and Running dot com and found a neutral shoe, width D, extra cushion. They arrived two days ago. I've done a 7k and an 11k run now, and I'm very pleased with them.

Personally, I just go for whichever dead stock Mike Ashley has got. Usually only 6/12 months behind the new stuff and a fraction of the price. I paid circa £40 for a pair of ASICS just before Xmas and they make a hell of a difference.

Depends how seriously you want to take it.
Cheers.

I've tried reading a few articles and they are all geared to sell the latest and greatest expensive trainer.

Just need to find some potentially that are geared for bad knees.

I'm no great runner (best 10km is about 56 minutes from memory) and I've only ran that distance on a few occasions..............

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.