Running thread

Nice one under 1:50 is my goal this time.

Training wise going to do 8 mile on Sunday and then up to 10 mile and one 12 mile run this time-sound okay to you mate?

Same here mate it my second time aswell and also aiming for 1.50 !
I think i did about 2.10 last yr, but did same thing I always do set off too fast and then struggle at end !

Same here mate it my second time aswell and also aiming for 1.50 !
I think i did about 2.10 last yr, but did same thing I always do set off too fast and then struggle at end !

That's the hardest part to stop doing i always find, running off too quick then spoiling your time. Watched a couple of videos last week and one guy was saying have a plan, stick to it as much as possible, break down your times for certain distances and try staying there. I decided last week to try and run first 5K as close to my Parkrun PB and then try and hang on for second half, wasn't far off my PB time at half way and was a minute up at 8K so knew i could afford to relax last 2K, New PB at 10k sorted.

Same for the Manchester half, want 10k in around 48 minutes then can do the second half in 52 which should hopefully be relatively comfortable, PB is currently 1:44 which was Wilmslow this year and it was fucking boiling on the day, horrible running conditions, never seen so many people quit and be in trouble.

Ran the Great North Run on Sunday. Ran a shit run personally after injury, 1:46:17. Wanted sub 1:40. Some bell end with headphones wasn't looking, made a dart for a drink station and tripped me up. Fell over a curb next. Far too busy, the course was shite, the weather too hot, won't be rushing back for this one. The crowd was the only redeeming part of the race.

Much needed long run. 9 Miles 1:24.
Half marathon in Nottingham in couple weeks and not trained nearly enough.

Get a gait anlaysis and get ones that suit you, not somebody else.
Run north west will be good - I've not been in since it changed from sweatshop but the people running it know their stuff.
Cheers for the advice. Visited the shop in Hyde and got the gait analysis done and walked out with a pair of trainers for £75 which is less than I expected

Manchester half marathon booked. First time I've taken part something like this so can't wait. Done the distance on the treadmill a couple of times so time to start proper training now. Any advice much welcomed.

Cheers for the advice. Visited the shop in Hyde and got the gait analysis done and walked out with a pair of trainers for £75 which is less than I expected

Manchester half marathon booked. First time I've taken part something like this so can't wait. Done the distance on the treadmill a couple of times so time to start proper training now. Any advice much welcomed.

Get off the treadmill and get out on the road, totally different and much harder, you need to get up to around 11-12 miles in a single run and you'll be fine on the day.

Training plan below.

https://www.runnersworld.co.uk/training/half-marathon-training-plans

Kipchoge smashed the marathon world record yesterday. He ran every one of his miles faster than I've ever ran a single mile by over two minutes! Insane

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.