Running thread

Any advice much welcomed.
A few of my top tips:

* Build up the distance by no more than 10% each week. To run a good half marathon, I would be regularly running 15+ miles at the weekend.

* If you want a good time, get some tempo/threshold runs and intervals done during the week.

* Weekly mileage is hugely important. Try to get out the door as frequently as you reasonably can.

* On your long runs, apply the 'go slow to go fast' approach: by running in heart rate zone 2 (aerobic), you are training your body to be more efficient over long distances.

It's harder because it's so monotonous mate, but the treadmill is doing part of the work for you,even if you have it on a good incline its not the same as outdoors.

Agree. So much better outdoors.
I prefer to use the cross trainer for fitness training in the gym - least you’re getting your arms a workout aswell.

Get off the treadmill and get out on the road, totally different and much harder, you need to get up to around 11-12 miles in a single run and you'll be fine on the day.

Training plan below.

https://www.runnersworld.co.uk/training/half-marathon-training-plans
I do mix it up but have not gone 10 mile+ outside yet.
Random question, does anyone else suffer with loose bowels on a long run?. I’m like my dog ( runs around the park for 5 mins and has about 3 s**ts after loosening the bowels) I’ve tried going beforehand and not eating for at least 2 hours before but still need to go. Any diet tips or techniques to combat this ( I await the sarcastic replies;) )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.