Running thread

I do mix it up but have not gone 10 mile+ outside yet.
Random question, does anyone else suffer with loose bowels on a long run?. I’m like my dog ( runs around the park for 5 mins and has about 3 s**ts after loosening the bowels) I’ve tried going beforehand and not eating for at least 2 hours before but still need to go. Any diet tips or techniques to combat this ( I await the sarcastic replies;) )

It’s never affected me but I know some who it does, a mate couldn’t run without shitting half way round, was constantly hiding in bushes near the canal, glad I don’t run with him. He’s stopped doing it now, it’ll be diet and also the fact you’re anxious about it won’t help. You’ll need to find out what’s good for you food wise, if I’m running first thing I never eat anything until after, if running in the evening I eat 2 hours before but have a quick dump before setting off.
Keep tissues in your pocket!!

Just done a mile trial, 1 mile warm up, 1 mile flat out, 1 mile cool down. My timed mile was 6:21 but didn’t kill my self as my final run before Sunday’s triathlon. Tightness in the Achilles is a little concerning though.

Final reminder, sticky at top of page for anyone who’s willing to donate, it’s for a good cause and all amounts no matter how small welcome.
Thanks.

I do mix it up but have not gone 10 mile+ outside yet.
Random question, does anyone else suffer with loose bowels on a long run?. I’m like my dog ( runs around the park for 5 mins and has about 3 s**ts after loosening the bowels) I’ve tried going beforehand and not eating for at least 2 hours before but still need to go. Any diet tips or techniques to combat this ( I await the sarcastic replies;) )
How about warming up beforehand? Bounce about a bit and see if it gets things moving...

My runs have fallen apart. I was doing 2 x 2 mile runs per week. And I've lost a stone in roughly 8 weeks.
Went and played 5-a-side for the first time in 9 months. Cramped in calves after 20 mins, and 4 days afterwards went to pick up kids toys and lift stuff and felt groin and hammys tighten. I'm f******.
Do runners find footy and running just don't mix, or is it just that I'm old and unfit?

My runs have fallen apart. I was doing 2 x 2 mile runs per week. And I've lost a stone in roughly 8 weeks.
Went and played 5-a-side for the first time in 9 months. Cramped in calves after 20 mins, and 4 days afterwards went to pick up kids toys and lift stuff and felt groin and hammys tighten. I'm f******.
Do runners find footy and running just don't mix, or is it just that I'm old and unfit?

I played football up to 47, stopped for the past 3 years and been running for over 18 months, feel fitter than i have in 15 years, got asked to play in a charity game few months back, groin went inside first 5 minutes, knees were fucked inside half an hour, no subs, City v Rags (they had 5 subs) and pride wouldn't let me stop, couldn't run properly for over a week after it!!

Won 5-4 last minute winner so was all worth it........

Running is very repetitive exercise and it doesn't stretch your muscles much - many serious runners don't stretch as you can get away with it if its all you do. You can get very fit running but have very little flexibility. If your going to do other things as well then you need to work on the flexibility with something else like yoga or lots of stretching as you cool down.

I played football up to 47, stopped for the past 3 years and been running for over 18 months, feel fitter than i have in 15 years, got asked to play in a charity game few months back, groin went inside first 5 minutes, knees were fucked inside half an hour, no subs, City v Rags (they had 5 subs) and pride wouldn't let me stop, couldn't run properly for over a week after it!!

Won 5-4 last minute winner so was all worth it........

This was my issue. No subs. Another 40 mins of agony. haha

I might have to do footy every 2 weeks and run well for that spare week.

I run and play 6 a side every week. Massive difference when playing footy, the twisting and turning is really hard on lots of parts of the legs that just don’t get used when running. I find it takes about 3 games of footy before the body has adjusted to the intensity of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.