Running thread

How old is he? Ive been dragging my lad out (he's 10) with me and managed to get him round 5k a few times (normally we do 4.2k) but fuck me its painful. He moans the whole way round even though he breezes it, drives me mad.
I feel your pain mate, our two girls are eight, I started taking them to junior parkrun when they were around five, they were great up until they did 10 parkruns and got the elastic band thing they give the kids, that was it didnt want to go anymore after that.
I do go through a 'try and get em going' attempt every couple of months, but fuck me can they moan, you would think they dragging bricks around, pisses me off as they both are just built for it, tall for their age, thin, and fast as fuck when they can be bothered, Ive got no chance in a 50 metre sprint to the ice cream van. They more interested in lol dolls and beating the shit out of each other tho.

I feel your pain mate, our two girls are eight, I started taking them to junior parkrun when they were around five, they were great up until they did 10 parkruns and got the elastic band thing they give the kids, that was it didnt want to go anymore after that.
I do go through a 'try and get em going' attempt every couple of months, but fuck me can they moan, you would think they dragging bricks around, pisses me off as they both are just built for it, tall for their age, thin, and fast as fuck when they can be bothered, Ive got no chance in a 50 metre sprint to the ice cream van. They more interested in lol dolls and beating the shit out of each other tho.
Sounds exactly like mine. He's really fit as he swims 4 times a week for a club so his fitness isnt an issue, its just his attitude. Annoyed me the other day as well as i pushed him on the 4k run we did for the last 2 k's and we did 5min k's and he still sprinted off at the end and left me. I try telling him that he will never get anywhere with his swimming with that kind of attitude of not working hard, but feels like im banging my head against the wall. Hopefully once his swimming re starts he will get back into pushing himself.

Sounds exactly like mine. He's really fit as he swims 4 times a week for a club so his fitness isnt an issue, its just his attitude. Annoyed me the other day as well as i pushed him on the 4k run we did for the last 2 k's and we did 5min k's and he still sprinted off at the end and left me. I try telling him that he will never get anywhere with his swimming with that kind of attitude of not working hard, but feels like im banging my head against the wall. Hopefully once his swimming re starts he will get back into pushing himself.
Mate getting them ‘self motivated’ is the hardest thing as a parent I think, my lad had trials at Bury, Blackburn, Wigan and even MCFC between the age of 14-16 and although he’s top quality technically getting him to do the extra stuff, running, more fitness work was nigh on impossible.... banging your head against a brick wall was exactly what it was like!!
Only now it’s too late does he wish he’d listened to me.

Mate getting them ‘self motivated’ is the hardest thing as a parent I think, my lad had trials at Bury, Blackburn, Wigan and even MCFC between the age of 14-16 and although he’s top quality technically getting him to do the extra stuff, running, more fitness work was nigh on impossible.... banging your head against a brick wall was exactly what it was like!!
Only now it’s too late does he wish he’d listened to me.
Infuriating i imagine if they have the talent but not the application.

Infuriating i imagine if they have the talent but not the application.
Tell me about it..... the attitude of already having made it, all the hard work was still to come.
Anyway back to running, I’m going to try to get him out more often, reckon he’s easily got a sub 20 5k in him with more runs under his belt.

Nice one. I'm quite impressed with that I must admit ! Do you feel absolutely knackered? Any aches and pains?

Marathon des sables and Bob Graham round here comes the bluemoon running legend Gaz of 76.
Haha legend, more like leg-end!!!
I actually thought the legs would be smashed, but nothing much to be honest, its not like after a marathon when you can hardly walk, legs are fine.
Sleep wise also thought I would sleep for a month after it, but went to bed about 10ish and could not sleep at all, got about an hour then back up with the kids, feeling great now tbh, on a bit of a high which was totally not the way I was expecting to feel.

Had sore toes over Christmas, stopped me from running by start of Jan. My hands started blistering too. Got blood test for COVID toe, and that came back clear. Turns out it was Pompholyx eczema. Had to put steroid on it for 2 weeks and made a recovery. 6 weeks of no running. At time of stopping I'd just done 12k. Did a 3k warm up on Thursday, a 5k yesterday, and plan to do another 5 then an 8 this week. If I come through that unscathed, might try for 10k. But my twice a week runs, might go up to 3/4 to catch up on lost time.

Just done another 5 miles at 9 mins per mile, got back and had a call from the docs, seems I’ve low Ferratin and am slightly anaemic do need to start taking iron tablets. At least I now know why I’ve been struggling and feeling fatigued.... be back at 7 minute miles again soon no problem..... I hope.

Just done another 5 miles at 9 mins per mile, got back and had a call from the docs, seems I’ve low Ferratin and am slightly anaemic do need to start taking iron tablets. At least I now know why I’ve been struggling and feeling fatigued.... be back at 7 minute miles again soon no problem..... I hope.
9min miles are nice and chilled mate, at least you know what it is that was causing it now, you sound a bit like my mrs... Shes always been shite with the iron as well, boom boom!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.