Running thread

Its certainly inspired me in these isolated times. Even though running and keeping fit consistently for the last 30 years and all through the lockdown. I'm new to strava and virtual race and it adds motivation. I might even refrain from the real ale on Saturday in preparation!
Hahaha I’m not giving up my sat night booze for a real race never mind a virtual one.

I’ve been in the piss before plenty including sitting in the hotel bar at 1am before New York City marathon and at a festival the day before Salford 10k 2 years ago.
No prizes are there!!
Hahaha I’ve never done a marathon but done a good few half’s and they are bad enough. Bet you didn’t feel great on the NYC one, though I imagine the sights alone get you round that.

Hahaha I’ve never done a marathon but done a good few half’s and they are bad enough. Bet you didn’t feel great on the NYC one, though I imagine the sights alone get you round that.
Sober before the start!! Bloody freezing.

The Salford 10k was the best as we’d been on it all day the day prior at Fields of Gold in Ashton, sat in Picc station at midnight with the girlfriend eating Burger King, got up both feeling rough, decided to go run it anyway and I got a PB in 45 minutes dead!!

Unexpectedly shaved 30 seconds off my 10k PB tonight after a 9k yesterday and a few beers watching the game afterwards.

Enjoy reading through this thread, some inspiring distances covered and great stories told in here.

Any of you read running books? Ive gone through quite a few, currently reading the ghost runner, the story of john tarrant who gets banned from running amateur races as he took £17 expenses as a young boxer. Its a great read recommended

Any of you read running books? Ive gone through quite a few, currently reading the ghost runner, the story of john tarrant who gets banned from running amateur races as he took £17 expenses as a young boxer. Its a great read recommended
I read "Feet in the Clouds" by Richard Askwith a long time ago. It's mainly about Bob Graham round. Highly recommended.

It was this book that inspired me to do the run every day challenge

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.