Running thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by taleofbluehalves, 10 Aug 2018.

1. inchy14

inchy14

stunned, dazed and still can't quite believe it!!
    Oldham half completed yesterday in 1:48. Toughest run i've done, hills, hills and some more hills thrown in for good measure. Running with a sore achilles didn't help and certainly worse this morning!!
    Need rest before Conwy in 3 weeks.

2. Stuuuuuu

Stuuuuuu

Just found out that I've won a competition to take part in the London Marathon for the 5th time in April. Anyone else on here got a place?

3. inchy14

inchy14

No!! You cunt, i've not had a place ever!!

4. Stuuuuuu

Stuuuuuu

To be fair, the first three were either through work or for charidee. The last two years though, I admit I've been lucky: I got in the ballot last year and won a place through a competition this year. Definitely gonna smash it and get my PB this year.

5. Manchester1894

Manchester1894

Got off my cycle and felt my hip. Went running for a few miles the next day after waking up feeling ok and the hip played up a mile from home. Hobbled back. Self-diagnosed it as bursitis and it's still hurting slightly a week later. Anyone had this and know how long to recover? It felt like it's right in the socket. No swelling, just minor pain.

6. dan_bo

dan_bo

Got off the bike at the end of this year's three peaks in September with self-diagnosed burstitis and I'm still uncomfortable. Time for physio methinks.

7. Manchester1894

Manchester1894

Ah, so I best treat is seriously then. Had ice on it for the first few days, took painkillers for the next 2. Still creaking after 10 days. Giving another 10 before I approach the doc I reckon. Gutted as was getting into my running.

8. inchy14

inchy14

Just done Conwy half today, 1:47. Achilles is fucked, limping round after 5 miles. No more this year for me, rest till Xmas then start training again. Running up the great Orme wasn’t much fun.

9. Stuuuuuu

Stuuuuuu

You did it though.

inchy14 likes this.
  10. Shirley

Shirley