Running thread

Had a labral tear last year - physio suggested running only on soft ground or treadmills (she was really informative as it happens). My hip 'balls' are slightly less round than they should be so don't move as well as they should (and probably why I had this tear). Surgeon suggested laying off cutting me up to fix it although I'm pretty sure it's keyhole but they know so little about the procedure...less so than hip replacement. And of course, could hasten up osteoarthritis when I'm older. The second surgeon countered the initial cut down on running saying the latest info suggests it's probably more beneficial to run on this injury. Actually, if I lay off for a week that's when my hip/leg starts to ache again...but I also figure how much running has helped me both mentally and physically especially after the shit year I had last year.
I'm 45 and never felt fitter and stronger in my life...but determined to do a sub 20 park run this year (currently sat at 20:49). Not sure my hip could take a full marathon but I've done a half and fancy a few more this year.

I do tend to run faster in these cold winter nights though...good for the soul too!

Had a labral tear last year - physio suggested running only on soft ground or treadmills (she was really informative as it happens). My hip 'balls' are slightly less round than they should be so don't move as well as they should (and probably why I had this tear). Surgeon suggested laying off cutting me up to fix it although I'm pretty sure it's keyhole but they know so little about the procedure...less so than hip replacement. And of course, could hasten up osteoarthritis when I'm older. The second surgeon countered the initial cut down on running saying the latest info suggests it's probably more beneficial to run on this injury. Actually, if I lay off for a week that's when my hip/leg starts to ache again...but I also figure how much running has helped me both mentally and physically especially after the shit year I had last year.
I'm 45 and never felt fitter and stronger in my life...but determined to do a sub 20 park run this year (currently sat at 20:49). Not sure my hip could take a full marathon but I've done a half and fancy a few more this year.

I do tend to run faster in these cold winter nights though...good for the soul too!

Doing the Manchester full marathon in April, thankfully this year it isn't the day after derby day and a skin full of Guinness, never ever again, 4 hours of hell that was. Aiming for below 3:45 this time.

Hit 93 miles this month, not too bad as I started on Jan 7th after a month off due to man flu.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.