Running thread

SIS are what’s used on the course as far as I’m aware but I’m not sure where and how often on the course they’re given out. See above.
I've not seen anything for this year's marathon, but last year's guide contained the following. I assume it will be similar this year.

Also, does anyone knows if the split times are put out on any website? I hope to arrange for someone to collect me at the end, and they will be able to estimate my finish time from the splits.

And does anyone know if there are safe places to leave valuables such as a phone, to be collected at the end of the race?
16a1716d74d42a45a6f36358a605e650.jpg

I've not seen anything for this year's marathon, but last year's guide contained the following. I assume it will be similar this year.

Also, does anyone knows if the split times are put out on any website? I hope to arrange for someone to collect me at the end, and they will be able to estimate my finish time from the splits.

And does anyone know if there are safe places to leave valuables such as a phone, to be collected at the end of the race?
16a1716d74d42a45a6f36358a605e650.jpg
Bag drop mate to leave stuff

It seems there's a few on here doing the Manchester Marathon in October. Something to be aware of which caught me out in 2013 is road closures which blocked the route to my parking space.

I was late setting off from home and joined the queue of cars doing a u turn and tried to follow the diversion. I got lost and drove around frantically for 30 minutes trying to get back on track. Eventually I gave up and with about 10 minutes before the start I abandoned the car in a suitable spot and decided to run for it, vaguely in the right direction. Luckily after about half a mile I stumbled on the start line with 5 minutes to spare, sweating, heart pounding and quite stressed out.

Turned out to be a decent warm up though as I managed a PB and qualified for London marathon with good for age. Slightly helped by the short course that year.... but that's another story.

Just done my 20+ miler (33.33km) on my Hal Highdon plan this morning for London. Didn’t go well as it was warmer than I expected and I drank too much. Also finished up a massive hill which I had to walk which was wounding for the ego. Got it done though and it’s all smaller runs from here on in with 3 training weeks to go. Nowhere near as confident this time as I was 5 years ago when I did 3:29 but I hope to get round in between 3:45 and 4 hours. No pressure for time. I just want to finish!

Different events have different ways of handling it. I’ve only done it on a couple of occasions but had no issues with it. Where you traveling from?
Nearby, Lymm. A friend is in the same starting group, but he'll finish at least an hour before me. I may go with him, and get the wife to collect me.

Seems to be a lot of folk complaining about the Manchester Marathon in various facebook groups, the main gripe is the split start times and theres a lot saying the half marathon starts before the marathon, not sure if thats right although it would probably do me and my daft ego a favour if it does, Ive done it a few times where Ive been keeping pace with a group only to find they were only doing half the distance and they leave me fucked with a lot more to go!!!

Just done my 20+ miler (33.33km) on my Hal Highdon plan this morning for London. Didn’t go well as it was warmer than I expected and I drank too much. Also finished up a massive hill which I had to walk which was wounding for the ego. Got it done though and it’s all smaller runs from here on in with 3 training weeks to go. Nowhere near as confident this time as I was 5 years ago when I did 3:29 but I hope to get round in between 3:45 and 4 hours. No pressure for time. I just want to finish!
18 miler for me on Sunday before my 20 miler the week after. This is big test for me now. Only ever done an 18 miler once.
After reading some advice on here I have ditched my plans to aim for sub 4 hour for my first marathon and try to enjoy the race. I'll be really happy to finish within 4 and a half hours though, I think that is a realistic time but I just want to finish first and foremost.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.